Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dark-skinned Frenchman savagely beaten for painting Coexist mural

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark-skinned Frenchman savagely beaten for painting Coexist mural

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-symbols.html

A French graffiti artist has told how he was attacked by a gang after refusing to take down a mural calling for religious harmony in Paris.
    The artist, known as Combo, 28, was left with a dislocated shoulder and bruises across his face after being set upon in a ghetto in the east of the capital.
    He had just finished a design that featured the word 'coexist' written with a Muslim crescent for letter C, a Star of David as the X and a Christian cross as the 'T'.
    It was accompanied by a life-size self-portrait and his tag 'combo'.
    Four youths reportedly asked him to remove it and then attacked him when he refused, it was reported by Le Monde.

'We always had racism issues in France, especially towards Arabs. And the perception one may have, particularly from abroad, is clearly something that is fuelled by the media.'
    As usual white people are to blame.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

How is he "dark-skinned" and how is this blamed in white people?
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Skinned Twebber View Post
      How is he "dark-skinned"
      Dark Skintzu complained that the use of the term "dark skinned" was racist. So I'm gonna mockingly overuse the term until I get bored of it.

and how is this blamed in white people?
      The implication is that the people who beat him are lashing out because of white people's racism. It's a common liberal trope that when a minority does something bad, the roots lie in something white people did to him or his ancestors.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Skinxecutor View Post
        Dark Skintzu complained that the use of the term "dark skinned" was racist. So I'm gonna mockingly overuse the term until I get bored of it.
        He said use of the term "dark-skinned" in a certain context is racist, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't chuckle at your thread titles.

The implication is that the people who beat him are lashing out because of white people's racism. It's a common liberal trope that when a minority does something bad, the roots lie in something white people did to him or his ancestors.
        I believe the trope is that many minorities find themselves in conditions such as poverty and broken households--which apparently happen to be the most likely to lead to criminal behavior--because of the effects of systemic and institutional inequality along racial lines. Never heard anyone argue that white racism is directly responsible for every single crime that a member of a minority commits.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
          He said use of the term "dark-skinned" in a certain context is racist
          He said "The "dark-skinned" reference to the attackers is blatantly racist", nothing about context. Probably because anyone who looks at the context (which I subsequently post) will see how absurd the accusation is.

I believe the trope is that many minorities find themselves in conditions such as poverty and broken households--which apparently happen to be the most likely to lead to criminal behavior--because of the effects of systemic and institutional inequality along racial lines. Never heard anyone argue that white racism is directly responsible for every single crime that a member of a minority commits.
          Who created the "systemic and institutional inequality along racial lines" in the progressive mythos? Martians?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-symbols.html

As usual white people are to blame.
            You're officially out of control.

Comment