Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

German court rules synagogue firebombing is "act of protest", not anti-Semitism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting aside the question of reliability of the reporting here for a moment: How are the specifics of Israel's aggression in Gaza relevant at all given this event did not even take place in the Middle East?

The reliance on the Daily Mail does surprise me. I thought the Daily Beast was affiliated with Newsweek; as it turns out, the relationship is more along the lines of opposite sides of a merger.
    Last edited by KingsGambit; 02-10-2015, 09:48 PM.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Setting aside the question of reliability of the reporting here for a moment: How are the specifics of Israel's aggression in Gaza relevant at all given this event did not even take place in the Middle East?
      It's not possible to set aside the reliability of the ... hmm ... I don't think this qualifies as reporting ... let's just call it the piece, okay? ... because it's the only support you've supplied for your argument that the ruling was "ridiculous." There is no disagreement here that the attack was a case of attempted arson. The motivation of the attackers is, from what I can see, the topic of this thread.

I'll grant that it could have been an act of antisemitism. But, from what facts I've been able to assemble so far, it seems more likely it was an act of misdirected rage in response to a proportionately more outrageous injustice likewise committed against the innocent, and likewise misdirected.

This might be a good time to remind ourselves that Palestinians are Semites, too.

Comment

Meanwhile, it appears that Germany has set up a commission to fight anti-Antisemitism. Ironically none of its eight members are Jewish. Could you imagine such a commission on women's rights without any women on it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Meanwhile, it appears that Germany has set up a commission to fight anti-Antisemitism. Ironically none of its eight members are Jewish. Could you imagine such a commission on women's rights without any women on it?
          Here, no. In Saudi Arabia, yes.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Seems like a reasonable idea actually, the type of Jew who would volunteer for something like this is far more likely to increase anti-Semitism than decrease it.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment