Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

King Abdullah of Jordan looking to personally bomb ISIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    It's fine to not want to argue, but simply ignoring the bulk of a person's post is rude.
    I don't know why, C, but there always seems to be this kind of tension between us. I apologize for whatever I did to bring this about.

You'd be pretty miffed if someone else did it to you.
    I can't honestly say I would, C --- people are free to respond in part or in whole, or not at all... I realize everything I say (in fact a LOT of what I say) is not worth a serious response.

All you had to say was what you've said here. Was that too hard?
    Wasn't hard at all, C. I will try to be more considerate in the future. I apologize.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I realize everything I say (in fact a LOT of what I say) is not worth a serious response.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
        Shall we include the torturer amongst their number?
        No? Although you'll have to be more specific. Which torturer?
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          No? Although you'll have to be more specific. Which torturer?
          You brought up the concept of hostis humani generis. The article notes that it historically applied to pirates and slavers, but that some recent court rulings have considered some 'torturers' to be such hostis. Should we agree with the court quoted that 'indeed, for purposes of civil liability, the torturer has become like the pirate and slave trader before him hostis humani generis, an enemy of all mankind'?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            You brought up the concept of hostis humani generis. The article notes that it historically applied to pirates and slavers, but that some recent court rulings have considered some 'torturers' to be such hostis. Should we agree with the court quoted that 'indeed, for purposes of civil liability, the torturer has become like the pirate and slave trader before him hostis humani generis, an enemy of all mankind'?
            I don't think I've made my loathing of the modern judiciary a secret.

Comment