Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

King Abdullah of Jordan looking to personally bomb ISIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Abdullah of Jordan looking to personally bomb ISIS

He's a trained pilot and former Special Forces commander so it's as plausible as it is awesome:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/04/jo...in-isis-raids/

ordan’s King Abdullah ibn al-Hussein, who has trained as a pilot, may fly a bomber himself on Thursday in the country’s retaliation against the ISIS.

Several Arabic-language newspapers reported late Wednesday that the monarch would personally participate in bombing raids on the terrorist group, citing his vow Tuesday to “strike them in their strongholds.”

The king was in Washington when news broke Tuesday of pilot Muadh al-Kasasbeh’s demise at the hands of ISIS extremists. Meeting with the House Armed Services Committee shortly before leaving for Amman, he reportedly quoted the Clint Eastwood’s film “Unforgiven” and said that Jordan would pursue the jihadis until it ran “out of fuel and bullets.”

King Abdullah

Not King Abdullah
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

I'm seeing reports that he is indeed flying.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

You know DE, a lesser man might make comment about your affection for butch guys in uniform. Fortunately I don't believe there is anything wrong with that.

Comment

For all the aversions you have to DE and him posting in your threads you don't seem to have any problems posting in his.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
          For all the aversions you have to DE and him posting in your threads you don't seem to have any problems posting in his.
          I don't have any aversions to him posting in my threads. I even 'amened' him recently. I thought I was advised to be tougher and give and take. Besides, I'm hardly being serious.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
            I don't have any aversions to him posting in my threads. I even 'amened' him recently. I thought I was advised to be tougher and give and take. Besides, I'm hardly being serious.
            I must have mistaken you for someone else, it's a bit hard to keep up with which people doesn't want particular persons to post in their threads. I only managed to find one thread where you asked him not to participate, so maybe aversion was not the right word.

In any case, please ignore me and carry on with whatever you're trying to accomplish here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
              I must have mistaken you for someone else, it's a bit hard to keep up with which people doesn't want particular persons to post in their threads. I only managed to find one thread where you asked him not to participate, so maybe aversion was not the right word.

In any case, please ignore me and carry on with whatever you're trying to accomplish here.
              Certainly in the past I have ignored him and asked him not to post. During my vacation I contemplated the advice I was given to toughen up and be just as nasty as the next guy. I thought the best way I could achieve that without violating my principles was to respond with humour rather than viciousness. Tricky to do and I may not succeed all the time but I am evolving.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                He's a trained pilot and former Special Forces commander so it's as plausible as it is awesome:
                Now if we could just get Pope Francis to strap on a sword and armor up we will be all set!
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

One "leads from behind"; one leads by example.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02...pilot-killing/

Jordanian fighter pilots carried out devastating sorties against ISIS early Thursday, making good on their king's vow of vengeance for the horrific burning death of a captured airman -- whose hometown the jets buzzed triumphantly after the mission.

Reports from the Middle East said the latest strikes killed 55 members of ISIS, including a senior commander known as the “Prince of Nineveh.” They came a day after King Abdullah stepped up his angry rhetoric at the terrorist army in neighboring Iraq and Syria following the horrific death of Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh, who was burned alive in a cage in a shocking atrocity caught on a videotape released by Islamic State on Tuesday.

"The blood of martyr Muath al-Kaseasbeh will not be in vain and the response of Jordan and its army after what happened to our dear son will be severe," said King Abdullah in a statement released by the royal court on Wednesday. A day earlier, he told U.S. lawmakers in Washington, where he had been on a diplomatic mission when the video was released, that Jordan would fight Islamic State until it ran "out of fuel and bullets."
                    ==========================

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      Easy to do when you're already trained on combat planes. But, yeah.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So he's capitalised on the soldier's death to obtain popular support for greater involvement in the war. Good for him.
                        Last edited by Paprika; 02-06-2015, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                          So he's capitalised on the soldier's death to obtain popular support for greater involvement in the war. Good for him.
                          A bleak view, but quite possibly some truth to it.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            One CLAIMS to lead from behind; the other leads by example.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              One CLAIMS to lead from behind; the other leads by example.
                              Well, yeah.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment