Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

King Abdullah of Jordan looking to personally bomb ISIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISIS Claims U.S. Hostage, Kayla Mueller, Died in Jordanian Airstrikes.

It must be true since they are also claiming that she was the only one killed

“The failed Jordanian aircraft killed an American female hostage,” said the message. “No mujahid was injured in the bombardment, and all praise is due to Allah.”

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

“The failed Jordanian aircraft killed an American female hostage,” said the message. “No mujahid was injured in the bombardment, and all praise is due to Allah.”
      Unlikely, unless they took a page from the American playbook and deliberately bombed when they knew no one would be there.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Unlikely, unless they took a page from the American playbook and deliberately bombed when they knew no one would be there.
        Orders from our terrorist in chief.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          the other leads by example.
          So he claims.

You demonstrate how effective that type of rhetoric can be, but whether it will actually happen...oh wait:

Illustrating Jordan's intention to avenge the murder of pilot Muath al-Kasaesbeh by Isis, King Abdullah has been photographed in full military kit, striking a pose like a Hollywood action star.

The picture, posted on the Royal Hashemite Court's Facebook page, gave rise to rumours that Abdullah himself would participate in the planned bombing of Isis targets.

The King, a qualified helicopter pilot, was trained as an army officer at Sandhurst, and served in the British army before running Jordan's special forces in the 1990s.

The Royal Court yesterday said such rumours were "not true" but the image and fantasy had already taken off online — a fine PR move by the massively popular monarch.

Looks like you guys just got suckered.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
            A bleak view, but quite possibly some truth to it.
            The realistic view; Japan is doing the exact same thing to get militarised again.

Comment

I find it hard to believe that people actually took this rumor seriously. It screamed "fake" from miles away.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

It was good story to hang anti-Obama sentiment on. Really, Jed? Terrorist-in-chief? He just belongs to a party you don't support.

Comment

It depends. Say it is false.

By lying so they give up the bargaining chip of the US citizen and run the risk of exposure which would lead to lower credibility during hostage negotiations and thus a lower influx of money from ransoms. On the other hand, it is probably that they expect gain from their counter-PR against Jordan's wildly successful jingoistic propaganda.

I am in no position to make a definite judgment at this point.

Comment

It does strike me as an odd reaction. Sure their airman was killed in an awful way, but he was a serviceman. In battle servicemen may die or be captured. Is it good policy or strategy to react to one death in such an apparently emotional way?

Comment

I don't get the criticism of not sending Obama out into battle. Protecting your leader from the battlefield is common sense, not cowardice.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                        It does strike me as an odd reaction. Sure their airman was killed in an awful way, but he was a serviceman. In battle servicemen may die or be captured. Is it good policy or strategy to react to one death in such an apparently emotional way?
                        “Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I don't get the criticism of not sending Obama out into battle. Protecting your leader from the battlefield is common sense, not cowardice.
                          I'm not sure that you quite "get" the criticism of the whole "leading from behind" thing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not sure that you quite "get" the criticism of the whole "leading from behind" thing.
                            No, please do explain.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              No, please do explain.
                              It isn't about the individual leading, but rather the country. Under Obama the U.S. doesn't take the lead but rather follows the rest of the pack. Essentially leading from behind means to not lead at all but to follow.

Comment

It isn't about the individual leading, but rather the country. Under Obama the U.S. doesn't take the lead but rather follows the rest of the pack. Essentially leading from behind means to not lead at all but to follow.
                                Thanks for the explanation.

Comment