Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woman receives medal for reporting sexism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    The Good Conduct Medal is probably the easiest to earn - just stay out of trouble for 4 years.
    Also affectionately refereed to as the 'I didn't get caught' medal.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The quote function isn't working for me here... but the answer is "neither". My understanding is that in many of the cases the victims were pressured or even outright threatened not to report, and they knew anybody on the chain of command was cozy enough with the perpetrator that they felt that reporting would be fruitless. Kristin Gillibrand beat this drum very hard in proposing her legislation on the subject.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        The quote function isn't working for me here... but the answer is "neither". My understanding is that in many of the cases the victims were pressured or even outright threatened not to report, and they knew anybody on the chain of command was cozy enough with the perpetrator that they felt that reporting would be fruitless. Kristin Gillibrand beat this drum very hard in proposing her legislation on the subject.
        If that is the case, they did something very illegal and could get into a lot of trouble. There is too, lots of places to go to to report such issues, such as the IG, OSI (our Navy and Marine buddies would know them as NCIS), or MEO. These groups exist because everybody knows that people, in high positions, don't always deserve the positions they got.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment