Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

He Bragged on Facebook and Went to Jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He Bragged on Facebook and Went to Jail

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...le8159526.html
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

If they knew where he was the whole time and he had that many warrants... why hadn't they done anything?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      If they knew where he was the whole time and he had that many warrants... why hadn't they done anything?
      I'm thinking he's exaggerating that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        I'm thinking he's exaggerating that part.
        not by much. The police said he had 14. some for traffic violations like expired stickers and such and others more serious. I would think he just fell through the cracks somehow.

Comment

I've seen on COPS and some other sources that people usually get busted for warrants after being stopped for something, and the cops run a check on them. First warrant check due to FB? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            not by much. The police said he had 14. some for traffic violations like expired stickers and such and others more serious. I would think he just fell through the cracks somehow.
            I meant the part about "knowing where I'm at". Not the number of warrants.

Comment

I think you would be surprised. Our Police Department hired a young man a few years ago to go through facebook and other social media to track dummies who brag about stupid stuff. It is amazing the things people will post, and the evidence and/or clues that can often be seen in the background. Also, since everything is date/time stamped...

All this kid does all day is troll social media and take notes, referring stuff to detectives.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sounds like a dream job for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I think you would be surprised. Our Police Department hired a young man a few years ago to go through facebook and other social media to track dummies who brag about stupid stuff. It is amazing the things people will post, and the evidence and/or clues that can often be seen in the background. Also, since everything is date/time stamped...

All this kid does all day is troll social media and take notes, referring stuff to detectives.
                  It seems like criminals would be the type who wouldn't be smart enough to think about covering their tracks...
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    I didn't know you were a .

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Yeah, this guy loves to brag that he gets paid to goof off.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah my law firm sends me to grab stuff from facebook all the time. People will claim they are injured and can't work and sue for disability or huge amounts of money. But then they post videos on facebook showing them skiing, or riding around on ATVs and doing other things that show they are not injured after all. Most criminals are not that smart. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          It seems like criminals would be the type who wouldn't be smart enough to think about covering their tracks...
                          Yup.... I used to think it was that they were bold or brazen -- I'm convinced they're given the gift of stupid.

Comment

Yup.... I used to think it was that they were bold or brazen -- I'm convinced they're given the gift of stupid.
                            stupid.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Yeah my law firm sends me to grab stuff from facebook all the time. People will claim they are injured and can't work and sue for disability or huge amounts of money. But then they post videos on facebook showing them skiing, or riding around on ATVs and doing other things that show they are not injured after all. Most criminals are not that smart. If they were, they wouldn't be criminals.
                              Sounds like another job for me (Wonders if any of the three law enforcement agencies here are hiring).

Comment