Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Justified Discrimination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justified Discrimination?

Yeah or Nay? Her right to do so?

In the five months since Jan Morgan banned Muslims from her gun range in Hot Springs, Ark., business has boomed and predictions of a lawsuit brought by federal civil rights enforcers have so far proved inaccurate.

Morgan, who claims keeping Muslims out of her Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range is a matter of public safety and not a constitutional issue, says she made the decision in September after two customers she deemed suspicious visited. She said their furtive behavior and cellphone ringtones of “Allahu Akhbar” prompted her to revise her range’s policies.

“We are dealing in lethal firearms,” Morgan told FoxNews.com. “I’m not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.”

Morgan said she excludes those she believes to be Muslim based on their names. She says business is up, but she has gotten threats, which she brushed off.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/28...ms-draws-fire/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

She made the news a week or two ago for kicking a Hindu father and son off the range.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Hey, come on now. If you kick out the gooks, the next thing, you have to kick out the chinks, the spicks, the spooks and kikes. All that's gonna be left in here are a couple of brain-dead rednecks, and what fun would that be?

- Adrian Cronauer
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        She made the news a week or two ago for kicking a Hindu father and son off the range.

I wonder if she knows the difference between a Muslim and a Hindu. Though if I was shooting with a guy who had “Allahu Akhbar” for ringtones I would be a little nervous.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It's the same as any other business.

If you open a public business, you have no right to refuse service unless you can demonstrate that your refusal is due to a provable safety hazard (such as McDonald's "no shirt, no shoes, no service" policy) or something else which would prevent your overall ability to do business.

If you want to be able to determine who can and cannot use your place of business, open a private business.
          Sam's Club can refuse a membership to anyone, and then refuse service to anyone who doesn't have a membership.

If this woman genuinely thinks that all Muslims are automatically a threat, hire more security.
          Of course, this ignores the obvious, that not all Muslims have "Allahu Akbar" ringtones or whatever other obvious outward signs.

And the RACISM inherent in assuming someone is a threat based upon their name (which is usually tied to their ethnic background).
          Last edited by Buzzword; 01-29-2015, 01:13 PM.
          “In many ways the evidence of our faith is found in our ability to control our tongue (or our keyboard)."
          -Adam Hamilton, Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White

Comment

Actually, you have every right to refuse service UNLESS the person is in a protected class. Which religion is, by the way.

In a suit she'd lose and justifiably so. Refine the policy to 'suspicious persons, foreign nationals and political activists' or simply 'owner's discretion' and the problem disappears.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
              If this woman genuinely thinks that all Muslims are automatically a threat, hire more security.
              It's cheaper just to ban them. And you're a perfect example of why liberals shouldn't have any say in politics.
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzword View Post
                If you open a public business...open a private business.
                Meaningless distinction.

And the RACISM
                Islam is not a race.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                  Meaningless distinction.

Islam is not a race.
                  Race comes into play here because she ejected some patrons who had brown skin but were not actually Muslim. There are conflicting reports; she claims they were drunk or on drugs; their side of the story significantly differs.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Race comes into play here because she ejected some patrons who had brown skin but were not actually Muslim. There are conflicting reports; she claims they were drunk or on drugs; their side of the story significantly differs.
                    I'm gonna go with the "crying wolf" angle here and dismiss out of hand any complaint of discrimination by a minority until actual evidence is produced.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Most spree killers are white men, but she seems to have no problem letting white men in.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        Most spree killers are white men
                        Only true because most men are white men. But they're not in greater proportion to their % of the population. Like with everything else, certain minorities commit a disproportionate number of killing sprees.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          Only true because most men are white men. But they're not in greater proportion to their % of the population. Like with everything else, certain minorities commit a disproportionate number of killing sprees.
                          If the goal of the policy is to keep Muslims out because they might be terrorists, then the policy should also be to keep white men out because they might be spree killers/serial killers. After all, there have been many more white male mass murderers than there have been Muslim mass murderers in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                            If the goal of the policy is to keep Muslims out because they might be terrorists, then the policy should also be to keep white men out because they might be spree killers/serial killers. After all, there have been many more white male mass murderers than there have been Muslim mass murderers in the US.
                            Muslims are more likely to be mass murderers. Saying there have been many more white male mass murderers is meaningless when there are a lot more white males than Muslim ones. You seem to have quite a bit of trouble with comprehending probability, ratios, etc.

edit: cut out the rest because I mixed up topics and it's irrelevant here.
                            Last edited by Darth Executor; 01-29-2015, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Muslims are more likely to be mass murderers. Saying there have been many more white male mass murderers is meaningless when there are a lot more white males than Muslim ones. You seem to have quite a bit of trouble with comprehending probability, ratios, etc. To say nothing of the actual accomplishments. I'm struggling to think of a single American Muslim who's contributed anything of genuine significance. I mean other than contributions to child molestation at airport security checkpoints. There's simply no point to the mass importation of an alien society with no gain other than some liberal who lives in +90% white neighborhoods demanding diversity for others.
                              How do you know that Muslims are more likely to be mass murderers? What do accomplishments have to do with anything?

Comment