Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Measles Spreading in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measles Spreading in California

And one of the most likely reasons is that parents don't want their kids getting vaccinations; http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us...=tw-share&_r=0

We have had outbreaks in my province, too, and the thought is that kids aren't being vaccinated.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Thank you Jenny McCarthy and the other vax deniers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jenny McCarthy type vax deniers are probably the most ridiculous ones. Why would you rather take the risk of having your kid getting sick or dying and getting other people sick than take the risk of having them develop autism?

Comment

What about vaccines losing effectiveness over the years?

Is there evidence that herd immunity was ever realized?

If it looks like nobody is checking on the loss of effectiveness, I will spend time digging out articles that discuss it.

I do think you are being wrong to point at kids who were not vaccinated.
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I really struggled with getting the vax for shingles, but I've seen people suffer horribly with shingles, so..... I did it, and prayed a lot.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Christy View Post
              Jenny McCarthy type vax deniers are probably the most ridiculous ones. Why would you rather take the risk of having your kid getting sick or dying and getting other people sick than take the risk of having them develop autism?

500 out of 4 million people died before vaccines became commonplace. Tens of thousands of people die a year just from the flu. Calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I really struggled with getting the vax for shingles, but I've seen people suffer horribly with shingles, so..... I did it, and prayed a lot.
                I did it last summer, now I am autistic.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Good call. Shingles/Meningitis, even at 33, is unpleasant.
                  "I wonder about the trees. / Why do we wish to bear / Forever the noise of these / More than another noise / So close to our dwelling place?" — Robert Frost, "The Sound of Trees"

Comment

Blaming anti-vaxxers is a sign of knee-jerk stupidity and a desire to sound smart without actually being smart. The most highly likely cause of the measles outbreak is the same as the cause of the recent enterovirus outbreak, that giant influx of deportables Obama called in as a publicity stunt. Most anti-vaxxers don't speak Spanish, and there aren't enough of them living in close proximity or coming from areas where measles is less common for them to have been the cause.

Biology 101, people.

Comment

As one infected by rubella and born with severe hearing loss and some eye problems, and having seen others with worse problems because of rubella and other childhood diseases, I know those parents don't know what they're risking their kids' and others' futures for. They don't know what those diseases did in the past.

I had a coworker who had came down with post polio syndrome. That happens with some of those who came down with polio, as the name implies, and recovered. There's no recovery from PPS.

Oh, and if you should really want to dig up proof that vaccines are dangerous, you can forget the video with the young lady walking backwards. She's fake.
                      Last edited by DesertBerean; 01-25-2015, 11:31 PM.
                      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I should probably get that shot too... I can't prove I never got the chickenpox,.....

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          500 out of 4 million people died before vaccines became commonplace. Tens of thousands of people die a year just from the flu. Calm down.
                          From measles?

Comment

What?
                            Last edited by Christy; 01-26-2015, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Asking a question requires a "calm down"?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment