Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Darthie's thread about certain films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darthie's thread about certain films

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-sex-tv-764719

"I've seen some stuff recently on TV in different kinds of shows where the language or the explicit sex is really, you know, sometimes I get it, and sometimes I just feel like, 'Ah, that’s too much for me.'… Sometimes it’s just pushed a little too far for my tastes, and I’m not going to get into which ones they are."
    After some outlets blasted the comedian for his remarks — which, out of context, could appear antigay — The Hollywood Reporter asked Crystal to clarify his comments.
    "What I meant was that whenever sex or graphic nudity of any kind (gay or straight) is gratuitous to the plot or story it becomes a little too much for my taste," he told THR in a statement.
    He's lying of course. The original remarks were in fact only about seeing too much gay sex on TV, and he walked them back into being about "sex in general".

A long time ago one of my comments wound up on fundies say the darnest things, an atheist feature from which the tektonics screwball of the month was inspired.

The comment, like everything I say, turned out to border on the prophetic:

Possible language warning, can't be bothered to read the comments
    http://www.fstdt.com/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=52966

"How long until gay sex becomes mandatory as part of some "empathy" program? I give it 100 years."

That was in 2013. 98 years to go and it seems to be right on track. If anything I might have overshot the sinhomolarity by decades.
    Last edited by Darth Executor; 01-21-2015, 02:00 AM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

*Ahem* http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...be-blacklisted

Oh. And real classy title

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      While I respect your right to first claim on the issue, I think Darth passes the Chesterton test of effective rhetoric:

Say to them "The persuasive and even coercive powers of the citizen should enable him to make sure that the burden of longevity in the previous generations does not become disproportionate and intolerable, especially to the females?"; say this to them and they sway slightly to and fro like babies sent to sleep in cradles. Say to them "Murder your mother," and they sit up quite suddenly. Yet the two sentences, in cold logic, are exactly the same. Say to them "It is not improbable that a period may arrive when the narrow if once useful distinction between the anthropoid homo and the other animals, which has been modified on so many moral points, may be modified also even in regard to the important question of the extension of human diet"; say this to them, and beauty born of murmuring sound will pass into their faces. But say to them, in a simple, manly, hearty way "Let's eat a man!" and their surprise is quite surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        This thread's title alone is better than your entire thread.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

“sinhomolarity” – terrific.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

This thread is gay.

Comment