Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals say The Vagina Monologues unfair to "women" without vaginas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liberals say The Vagina Monologues unfair to "women" without vaginas

From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" department.

Source: Breitbart.com

All-women’s Mount Holyoke College will no longer perform their annual production of Eve Ensler’s narcissistic celebration of female sexuality, The Vagina Monologues, on Valentine’s Day because it fails to give a voice to transgendered women who don’t have vaginas.

The play served as the feminist bible for a generation asking the deepest of questions involving womanhood, such as “If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear?” The Vagina Monologues is a tour de force of sexual discovery, pedophilia, homosexuality and other topics explored ad nauseam in plays since the 1950s, except without the subtleties. Instead, the play is more of a grotesque “up-in-your-grille” style of performance art aiming to offend non-feminists, which it often does.

The Daily News reported that Erin Murphy, a spokesperson for the school’s Project Theatre Board, wrote in a campus-wide email, that “At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman.” The Board also wrote in a Facebook post that Ensler’s play “fails the trans community in a lot of ways.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...thout-vaginas/

© Copyright Original Source

It's like watching a snake eat its own tail!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

All-women’s Mount Holyoke College will no longer perform their annual production of Eve Ensler’s narcissistic celebration of female sexuality, The Vagina Monologues, on Valentine’s Day because it fails to give a voice to transgendered women who don’t have vaginas.

The play served as the feminist bible for a generation asking the deepest of questions involving womanhood, such as “If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear?” The Vagina Monologues is a tour de force of sexual discovery, pedophilia, homosexuality and other topics explored ad nauseam in plays since the 1950s, except without the subtleties. Instead, the play is more of a grotesque “up-in-your-grille” style of performance art aiming to offend non-feminists, which it often does.

The Daily News reported that Erin Murphy, a spokesperson for the school’s Project Theatre Board, wrote in a campus-wide email, that “At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman.” The Board also wrote in a Facebook post that Ensler’s play “fails the trans community in a lot of ways.”

Really, the on going irrationality of the left is simply stunning, beyond words! There is something seriously wrong with these people.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I just have one thing to say:

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Really, the on going irrationality of the left is simply stunning, beyond words! There is something seriously wrong with these people.
        I've heard it said that liberalism is a mental disease.

Comment

So if I read this right the play offended non-feminists, but then it was stopped because it offended transgendered "women"?
          "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
          "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
          Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

“If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear?”
            Normally I don't laugh (serious sense-of-humor deficiency). But that question did make me laugh.
            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
              Normally I don't laugh (serious sense-of-humor deficiency). But that question did make me laugh.
              Have you never heard of The Vagina Monologues? That's not an exaggeration of the play's content.

Comment

Have you never heard of The Vagina Monologues? That's not an exaggeration of the play's content.
                Nope. Another deficiency of mine is not knowing the news.
                The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

As pointless as it it is, I vainly point out that not all liberals think the same thing.

I've heard it said that liberalism is a mental disease.
                  Yep me too, from Epoetker and Darth E. Consider the sources. You realise you are engaging in the exact same behaviour you find so repugnant in 'liberals?'

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

See, there's a clever turn of phrase I could use here but would probably get me modded.

Comment

Originally posted by Manwë Súlimo View Post
                        See, there's a clever turn of phrase I could use here but would probably get me modded.
                        You should be modded simply for mentioning the possibility.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                          Yep me too, from Epoetker and Darth E. Consider the sources. You realise you are engaging in the exact same behaviour you find so repugnant in 'liberals?'
                          We're hardly the first ones to postulate that scientific theory.
                          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Snort, 'scientific theory'.

Comment

It's as scientific as global warming.

Comment