Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Liberals say The Vagina Monologues unfair to "women" without vaginas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's as scientific as global warming.
    You mean like 95 of scientists working in the field accept that the evidence supports it?

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
      You mean like 95 of scientists working in the field accept that the evidence supports it?
      Given your user icon declaring yourself a "Proud Liberal", it figures you'd be dumb enough to fall for the "95% consensus" scam.

Fact is, pretty much every claim of a scientific consensus with regards to global warming has been debunked, but seeing how you're a "Proud Liberal" (i.e. a low-information moron) I don't suppose you're actually aware of the facts.

http://hockeyschtick.blogspot.com/20...7-what-is.html
      http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...consensus-not/
      http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/07/1...cientists-say/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

hehe. I knew my icon would stir up the haters. Precisely as intended.

Comment

Pancreasman is slowly learning that on these forums you either troll, or get trolled. There is no middle-ground.

Comment

And no answer to the fact that your claim of a 90-something percent consensus was wrong. Typical.

Comment

And no answer to the fact that your claim of a 90-something percent consensus was wrong. Typical.
              Isn't it a shame that a low information moron like me can actually vote and is possible to elect progressive governments as well as conservative ones? Democracy must make your blood boil.

The reason I am not going to debate you here about global warming is that I respect the OP enough to not derail the thread. I'm happy to examine this topic in natural science forum with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                So if I read this right the play offended non-feminists, but then it was stopped because it offended transgendered "women"?
                'Feminism' itself means as many different things as 'liberal' does in politics. The conflict is between those who believe that man/woman to be a matter of observed biology(or that permit biological division of 'gender') and those that believe in gender identity, I.E., that gender is a self-identity rather than a result of physical sex. The latter group typically does not want any expression of gender divided on the basis of biological sex, but ONLY on self-identity claims. On both sides are people who consider themselves feminists, and, well, women. It's also an issue of censorship, and which side has the right to express their views.

None of what I said has anything to do with my personal opinion on the argument, for the record. I just follow it.

Comment

Isn't it a shame that a low information moron like me can actually vote and is possible to elect progressive governments as well as conservative ones? Democracy must make your blood boil.

The reason I am not going to debate you here about global warming is that I respect the OP enough to not derail the thread. I'm happy to examine this topic in natural science forum with you.
                  SMH at dis SWPL knucklehead pretending like he don't believe that "science" is politics too.

Comment

isn't it a shame that a low information moron like me can actually vote and is possible to elect progressive governments as well as conservative ones? Democracy must make your blood boil.

The reason i am not going to debate you here about global warming is that i respect the op enough to not derail the thread. I'm happy to examine this topic in natural science forum with you.

Comment

From the "You Can't Make This Stuff Up" department.

Source: Breitbart.com

All-women’s Mount Holyoke College will no longer perform their annual production of Eve Ensler’s narcissistic celebration of female sexuality, The Vagina Monologues, on Valentine’s Day because it fails to give a voice to transgendered women who don’t have vaginas.

The play served as the feminist bible for a generation asking the deepest of questions involving womanhood, such as “If your vagina got dressed, what would it wear?” The Vagina Monologues is a tour de force of sexual discovery, pedophilia, homosexuality and other topics explored ad nauseam in plays since the 1950s, except without the subtleties. Instead, the play is more of a grotesque “up-in-your-grille” style of performance art aiming to offend non-feminists, which it often does.

The Daily News reported that Erin Murphy, a spokesperson for the school’s Project Theatre Board, wrote in a campus-wide email, that “At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman.” The Board also wrote in a Facebook post that Ensler’s play “fails the trans community in a lot of ways.”

http://www.breitbart.com/california/...thout-vaginas/

© Copyright Original Source

It's like watching a snake eat its own tail!
                      At least this time all the non-offending stymes their own efforts.

Comment

The irony is that "The Vagina Monologues" is deliberately offensive and exclusionary. Maybe one of these days, "proud liberal" morons will figure out that celebrating multiculturalism in the name of "diversity" and being all inclusive in the name of "fairness" are contradictory goals.

Comment

The irony is that "The Vagina Monologues" is deliberately offensive and exclusionary. Maybe one of these days, "proud liberal" morons will figure out that celebrating multiculturalism in the name of "diversity" and being all inclusive in the name of "fairness" are contradictory goals.
                          I think you have a fair point here. There is such a thing as going too far in the pursuit of diversity and ideas that "won't offend anyone"- contradictory goals. Many liberals don't seem realize this yet, as the primary goal(with transgenderism particularly) seems to be proving that they're more open-minded than thou. There's very little in the way of critical thought or prioritizing free speech that might be disagreeable- from Christians, as well, but few of them pay much attention to the contrary arguments from within their own community.

Comment

Originally posted by LeaC View Post
                            I think you have a fair point here. There is such a thing as going too far in the pursuit of diversity and ideas that "won't offend anyone"- contradictory goals. Many liberals don't seem realize this yet, as the primary goal(with transgenderism particularly) seems to be proving that they're more open-minded than thou. There's very little in the way of critical thought or prioritizing free speech that might be disagreeable- from Christians, as well, but few of them pay much attention to the contrary arguments from within their own community.
                            While we're adding constructive comments to a topic rather than finding cheap excuses to bash people who simply happen to hold different political views than our own, it's worth noting that some white feminists have also been criticized by the black community for focusing the movement from a rather Eurocentric perspective and ignoring the situations and concerns of people of color. Noble-intentioned movements and pursuits can indeed go wrong at times if they lose focus from going too far in certain directions; for this among other reasons, it's critical to people regardless of political persuasion to be open and receptive to people from "the other side," so as to foster cooperation and maintain balance.
                            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

psst, MM, your climate change discussion awaits in Natural Science.

Comment

814214477189337413.jpg

It really does warm the cockles of my heart to see you behave more and more like Darthy, as predicted.

Originally posted by pancreasman
                                I want to be positive and nourishing as much as possible. That, at least, is my aim but it appears that I draw conflict in so doing. This bothers me more than it should because of my particular mental constitution.
                                Last edited by Paprika; 01-21-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment