Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Sniper?

Was Chris Kyle really a coward? Well according to the propagandist Michael Moore he was.

My uncle killed by sniper in WW2. We were taught snipers were cowards. Will shoot u in the back. Snipers aren't heroes. And invaders r worse

Michael Moore @MMFlint
    It was a good movie BTW.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Was Chris Kyle really a coward? Well according to the propagandist Michael Moore he was.

It was a good movie BTW.
    I guess Michael Moore would think that airplane bombardiers were cowards also, as well as, artillery men, mortar operators, land mine installers...etc., etc., etc.
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

In other news, Michael Moore is an idiot. Although I guess that's not really news.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Looks like Moore is trying to walk this one back.

Hmm. I never tweeted 1word bout AmericanSniper/ChrisKyle. I said my uncle killed by sniper in WWII; only cowards would do that 2 him, others

— Michael Moore (@MMFlint) January 19, 2015
        I guess we know who the real coward is.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Looks like Moore is trying to walk this one back.

I guess we know who the real coward is.
          Yes, he is trying to clean it up!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
            I guess Michael Moore would think that airplane bombardiers were cowards also, as well as, artillery men, mortar operators, land mine installers...etc., etc., etc.
            Right!

Comment

I personally know several scout/snipers of the U.S.M.C. variety. I think, if I should put any one of them alone with Mr. Moore in a dark alley and explain to them what he said, we'd all find out who the real coward is. What a moron.
              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

In other news, Jesse Ventura refused to dismiss his $1.85m defamation lawsuit after Kyle's death. Which if upheld will force his Widow to pay most of the money.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Snipers are only bad if they're not on your side.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It was a good movie BTW.
                    About every professional Army, for the past century, has used snipers. They are quite useful at pinning down a large amount of personnel, by using a very small amount of resources. Michael Moore (just like in any other topic) is wrong here too.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't hear what the haters are saying over the huge pile of cash the movie's making.

Comment

Michael Moore just wanted to horn in on the publicity of the movie. His only recourse is to say something controversial and stupid as usual. Even bad publicity is still publicity. Best to ignore him. He is just a hollywood troll.

Comment

A response to Moore by a sniper:
                          http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/gree...re-open-letter
                          Source: Bryan Sikes

Mr. Moore-

Good afternoon there sweetheart, I hope this finds you alive and well. You can thank our men and women of the armed forces for that, by the way, and that also includes us cowardly snipers. It seems you’ve found time between licking the jelly off your fingers and releasing your grasp of a bear claw to tweet some junk about snipers being cowards.

My buddies and I got a good laugh over the tweet, so I thank you. For a guy worth $50 million dollars, you sure have quite a bit to bitch and cry about. I guess like a moth to flame, you too gravitate towards things that are popular and in the moment — in this case it’s snipers. Too bad for you that your attempt at being relevant via your 70+ year old family experience has failed. It has only made you look dumber than a bag of hammers. Next time you should try something more original than going after snipers for one reason or another…that was so last month.

It’s typical of “men” like you to criticize the intestinal fortitude, focus, discipline and patriotism of a sniper. It must stem from an inferiority complex or something. But hey, it’s okay cupcake. We snipers are thick skinned and the efforts of world class turds such as yourself to portray us in a negative light only makes us laugh. If you and I were in the same room, I’d throw you a smile and gently pat you on the head knowing you’re nothing more than a mouth breathing, Crisco sweating waste of space not even worthy of being in the presence of a sniper. It’s almost funny how people like you preach things like ‘acceptance’ and ‘not passing judgement’ or ‘labeling people’, but then are the first to do so when a person is in some way dissimilar from you.

So tenderfoot, I leave you with this final thought: what if you found yourself in some sort of hostage situation where you were held at knife-point by some crazed person and they were dead set on making an example of you by bleeding you out on Hollywood Blvd in front of the world, and the only way out was with the precision aimed fire of a sniper? Would you want that coward to take the shot? Because knowing how you feel about snipers such as myself and your hatred of firearms, I’d probably drop the mag, roll the bolt and go get a Jack & Coke before helping you out.

Very Respectfully,

Sikes

© Copyright Original Source

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

It's like when Moore was protesting the 1% when he IS the one percent. You don't see people like him giving up their mansions and "occupying" a trailer to show their solidarity with the poor 99%. But they sure do love to tweet about it.

His modest home:

He is all about publicity and that's it.

Comment

"It seems you’ve found time between licking the jelly off your fingers..."

I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment