Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woman dies on DC Metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman dies on DC Metro

Source: http://www.nbcwashington.com/traffic/transit/1-Dead-Dozens-Hospitalized-After-Deadly-Metro-Incident-288373561.html

The woman killed when thick black smoke filled a Metro tunnel Monday was a 61-year-old from Alexandria, a mother and beloved co-worker who had just won her company's employee of the year award.

Carol Inman Glover, 61, was a mother of two sons and a grandmother of one granddaughter. She had worked at DKW Communications Inc. for the past 18 months, and won the award just last month.

Glover, a resident of Alexandria, Virginia, died after an electrical malfunction filled a busy subway station with thick, black smoke and left many riders stranded after their train stopped in a tunnel. The incident sent nearly 70 other people to the hospital. Two people had been in critical condition, but Metro Police announced they have been upgraded.

Around 3:20 p.m. Monday, a Virginia-bound Yellow Line train left downtown D.C.'s L'Enfant Plaza station -- one of the system's busiest stations -- when it stopped about 800 feet beyond the platform due to electrical arcing from the high-voltage third rail.

© Copyright Original Source

I was in L'Enfant Plaza this past Saturday, and 2 days later, this happened.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Thanks for posting this. You should'a told me you were in the area! I travel through L'Enfant Plaza twice a day. It's the busiest station in the DC Metro system. I was inconvenienced by having to take less convenient travel means to get back to my house, but nothing like those who got stuck on the train.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Thanks for posting this. You should'a told me you were in the area! I travel through L'Enfant Plaza twice a day. It's the busiest station in the DC Metro system. I was inconvenienced by having to take less convenient travel means to get back to my house, but nothing like those who got stuck on the train.
      Yeah, I had thought about contacting you, but that was also the day I got the call on my mom, so my mind wasn't 100%. Deanna and the kids would have loved to see you again.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment