Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sparko thinks anarchy=bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparko thinks anarchy=bad

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    I read about a fella who didn't have a million dollars and a windmill that costs that much after installation. He is netting (as the tale goes) $2,500 per month from the mill, which was put on land that was nearly worthless. How did he manage to swing it? Maine state rebates, IRS tax credit, a small-business loan and a nearby power company willing to buy the mill power for six cents per KWh, etc.

I wonder about doing a similar project where I live, only it'd be solar. I think windmills generate too much noise--right? If you have neighbors nearby, their health might be affected by the noise.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    So it is only cost effective when the government (who you think is behind every conspiracy in the world) subsidizes the project and you want in on the deal.

Figures. The government is only evil until you can get something out of it.

I was just commenting on TS's post. He normally goes around claiming the government is behind all sorts of conspiracies, from JFK's murder, to trying to kill us with GMO food and flu shots. Yet when he thinks he can make some money from a government subsidy, he all of a sudden wants in on the deal and thinks the government is OK.

I replied, "If I refuse to use the road to the food store because it is maintained by the government, I'd starve to death. I guess that would make Sparko happy. One less critic of our governments."

That's different than wanting to take advantage of money being given out by the government. If the government paid you to eat GMO food, would you?

I replied, "Thread derail. If you want to continue our argument, start a thread."

Ah. Avoiding the issue. figures.

You brought up the subject so it is not a derail. But avoid it if you want. That in itself is an admission I am right.

I'm not sure what specific topic Sparko prefers. But first, I am an anarchist in that we should not expect government using force to do more good than bad. Now, is it that Sparko prefers to debate whether any anarchist is wrong to take advantage of this or that government program, e.g., subsidies for solar power?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Aside from the fact that anarchists immediately abandon anarchy the moment that they gain any measure of political power, can you tell us what are the benefits anarchy has ever brought anyone?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Anarchy is bad in the same sense that jumping in a vat of acid thinking the acid won't melt your face off like in that Mortal Kombat fatality is bad.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Anarchy is impossible because human tendencies don't structure things that way. There will always be a power struggle between people no matter what the situation is.

Plus, what you're arguing in the OP seems unrelated to the title.
        Last edited by seanD; 01-09-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Aside from the fact that anarchists immediately abandon anarchy the moment that they gain any measure of political power, can you tell us what are the benefits anarchy has ever brought anyone?
          It is irrelevant to the case for anarchy that some alleged anarchists (who??) took power.

I wonder if you really did read all of the OP.

Benefits of anarchy? Actually, if I am right, we should rather ask, can we rely on our governments (city, county, state, nation) to do more good than bad?
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Anarchy is bad in the same sense that jumping in a vat of acid thinking the acid won't melt your face off like in that Mortal Kombat fatality is bad.
            Now that you have expressed yourself so nastily, thank you for not posting here any more.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Anarchy is impossible because human tendencies don't structure things that way. There will always be a power struggle between people no matter what the situation is.
              So, give up and join in the struggle for power. That is not being Christian. Your post is like arguing that because there will always be people who refuse to become Christian, we should give up on arguing for Christianity.

Plus, what you're arguing in the OP seems unrelated to the title.
              Oh, there is some relation. Not much, but anyway, I do mean for people to post here attacking or defending anarchy (or attacking or defending government). Again, if Sparko wants to argue that it is wrong for me as anarchist to take advantage of this or that government program, he is welcome to do so in this thread.

Comment

Anarchy is prison.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Haven't any of you guys ever had to deal with a turn of anarchy on Civilization? It can be quite annoying, sometimes...
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I designed a system of government once many any years ago which I called Constitutional Anarchy.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

How is claiming the government is behind all sorts of conspiracies and is bad, yet wanting in on government subsidies when it means money in your pocket, in any way anarchy? It is just pure hypocrisy on your part TS.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        I designed a system of government once many any years ago which I called Constitutional Anarchy.
                        ooh do tell this sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                          ooh do tell this sounds interesting.
                          Way too long ago. I only remember that the individual was the final authority, and political groups were not necessarily made up of contiguous entities. I don't think I want to work it all out again.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I don't think the definition of anarchy by One Bad Pig applies here. And what is Godarchy, exactly? If it means that our only ruler is God, I'm all for it! Indeed that would be exactly what I have in mind. Putting our faith partly on our governments instead of God . . . nooo!

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              Haven't any of you guys ever had to deal with a turn of anarchy on Civilization? It can be quite annoying, sometimes...
                              I do not understand.

Comment