Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sparko thinks anarchy=bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I mean whatever the heck you mean by insinuating possible death or imprisonment in your post above.
    You misunderstand one of my posts, I think.

1) Anyway, remember the IRS scandal? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy
    While it's not clear how far the IRS really went in making things more difficult for conservative groups compared to liberal groups, I think I can at least claim that it shows the possibility that the IRS can make my life more difficult, if not dangerous, for spouting anti-government stuff.

2) This instance is more clear--the persecution of Mike Millken, although he wasn't really anti-government. His financial operations simply made powerful people want to stop those and "punish" him, as suggested by a Forbes magazine author. This Wikipedia entry seems OK but it does not go deep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Milken

3) Remember the game that some federal prosecutors played? The object of the game is to use a rather obscure federal law to accuse a celebrity (say, Mother Teresa) of breaking. The more celebrated the defendant and the more obscure the law, the better http://federaltaxcrimes.blogspot.com...ion-22813.html
    Imagine a federal prosecutor would actually do that to me.

4) I read about someone who tweeted anti-government sentiments. He was paid a visit by FBI agents. Scary.

In summary, the government can find ways other than killing me (an "accidental" death) and imprisoning me. Make me pay more taxes or have to hire a lawyer to deal with charges of breaking some obscure law.

But that's not what Sparko meant. Anyway, I want to stop here.
    Last edited by Truthseeker; 01-12-2015, 07:49 PM.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      You misunderstand one of my posts, I think.

1) Anyway, remember the IRS scandal? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRS_targeting_controversy
      While it's not clear how far the IRS really went in making things more difficult for conservative groups compared to liberal groups, I think I can at least claim that it shows the possibility that the IRS can make my life more difficult, if not dangerous, for spouting anti-government stuff.

2) This instance is more clear--the persecution of Mike Millken, although he wasn't really anti-government. His financial operations simply made powerful people want to stop those and "punish" him, as suggested by a Forbes magazine author. This Wikipedia entry seems OK but it does not go deep.

3) Remember the game that some federal prosecutors played? The object of the game is to use a rather obscure federal law to accuse a celebrity (say, Mother Teresa) of breaking. The more celebrated the defendant and the more obscure the law, the better http://federaltaxcrimes.blogspot.com...ion-22813.html
      Imagine a federal prosecutor would actually do that to me.

4) I read about someone who tweeted anti-government sentiments. He was paid a visit by FBI agents. Scary.

In summary, the government can find ways other than killing me (an "accidental" death) and imprisoning me. Make me pay more taxes or have to hire a lawyer to deal with charges of breaking some obscure law.

But that's not what Sparko meant. Anyway, I want to stop here.
      Um, I think the greatest defence against some of these practices (which I suspect are not widespread at all) is to be completely unimportant. I think you're doing a fine job of that.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
        Um, I think the greatest defence against some of these practices (which I suspect are not widespread at all) is to be completely unimportant. I think you're doing a fine job of that.
        Yeah. I don't "tweet" but I do post all sorts of anti government sentiments on FB - and no one cares.
        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          Yeah. I don't "tweet" but I do post all sorts of anti government sentiments on FB - and no one cares.
          I reported you. They're coming.

Actually I think most of us would be classified as Earth was in 'Hitchhikers guide', 'mostly harmless'.

Comment

I reported you. They're coming.

Actually I think most of us would be classified as Earth was in 'Hitchhikers guide', 'mostly harmless'.
            Yep. And kvetching about the government is going to draw rather less attention than, say, death threats.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The two exstremes, total government control, anarchy.
              . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

I just called the IRS and turned TS in. The men in black are going to his house as we speak. He might have a "solar" accident.

Comment