Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police chief said he shot wife moving gun in bed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It was a semi-auto. It is incredibly stupid to sleep with a semi-auto under your pillow, or even as your self defense weapon near your bed.

To wake up from a dead sleep and handle a semi-auto is stupid --- there could be a round in the chamber, the safety could be off...

MUCH better to use a revolver or shotgun NOT under your pillow or in your bed. Something accessible, but that requires at least a few seconds of waking up so you know what you're doing.

Dumb!
    I keep our Semi-Auto uncocked and the safety on. Of course, for home defense. I'd prefer the shot gun myself.

FYI, sleeping with any gun, in your bed, is rather dumb to begin with. That is what night stands and under your bed is for.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      FYI, sleeping with any gun, in your bed, is rather dumb to begin with. That is what night stands and under your bed is for.
      Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
      There are no good 'bed guns'. Sleeping with a rattlesnake would be only slightly more dangerous. Nightstands exist for a reason...

And, yeah, I said this too.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No issue with that. But how do you spell 'someone who sleeps with a gun in the bed'? I-D-I-O-T.

I should note that I'm actually pro-gun control. Oops, Sorry, Leo...
        Me too...

1. Aim.
        2. Breath control.
        3. Gently squeezing the trigger.

.... ummm is that not the gun control you were talking about?
        Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 01-03-2015, 06:47 PM.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Thank for the 'not anti-gun' perspective on this issue everyone. I only wrote pro-gun, as someone here caught, because I'm living in a practically anti-gun echo chamber and needed to hear another perspective on this.

Teal I think I'd be for some gun-control as well, certainly anyone who carries one should be registered, and reasonably expected to know how to handle it, and other similarly reasonable restrictions.
          Last edited by Leonhard; 01-03-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            And that is why you should read the entire thread, before you post.
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
              And that is why you should read the entire thread, before you post.
              Aw, come on, WHO does THAT?!?!?!?!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've never heard of a gun under the pillow except for in jokes...sounds beyond stupid to me.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I've never heard of a gun under the pillow except for in jokes...sounds beyond stupid to me.
                  It is beyond stupid, but people do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                    She's alive? Then I'm upgrading his condition from probable murderer to dumbass.
                    Dumbass applies in either case.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Apparently his wife is going to be paralyzed from the waist down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Apparently his wife is going to be paralyzed from the waist down.
                          Have mercy, Lord.

Comment

What's the status of the case?
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

What's the status of the case?
                              All that the news account on the radio that I caught while heading home from work said was that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) was still looking into it. Those boys are usually pretty thorough. I haven't heard a word about what the chief's wife has said.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Okay, thanks.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment