Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Reverse Good Samaritan: first female bishop of Maryland Episcopaleans hit and run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse Good Samaritan: first female bishop of Maryland Episcopaleans hit and run

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathysc...-in-baltimore/

Heather Cook, the first female bishop of the Episcopal Church in Maryland, has been suspended following a hit-and-run accident on Saturday in which she reportedly hit a bicyclist on Roland Avenue. The bicyclist, Thomas Palermo, later died at the hospital.

Apparently, this was not Bishop Cook’s first run-in with the law. According to a report from the Baltimore Brew, Heather E. Cook had been arrested in September 2010, before being named a bishop, on drinking, driving and drug charges:
    Looks like another glass ceiling was shattered.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Terrible.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Well, there's this....
      There is an ongoing police investigation into the accident. Several news agencies have reported this as a ‘hit and run.’ Bishop Cook did leave the scene initially, but returned after about 20 minutes to take responsibility for her actions.

So, it was a hit-and-run-pause-return. I wonder if she realized during that 20 minutes that she would be found out anyway.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe she was lost in prayer.

Comment

Originally posted by phank View Post
          Maybe she was lost in prayer.
          Why would an atheist be lost in prayer?
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Well, there's this....
            There is an ongoing police investigation into the accident. Several news agencies have reported this as a ‘hit and run.’ Bishop Cook did leave the scene initially, but returned after about 20 minutes to take responsibility for her actions.

So, it was a hit-and-run-pause-return. I wonder if she realized during that 20 minutes that she would be found out anyway.
            I wonder if she had immediately called for an ambulance if the victim might have survived.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              I wonder if she had immediately called for an ambulance if the victim might have survived.
              Yeah, and "about 20 minutes" is probably a very conservative estimate.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment