Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two NYPD Officers Gunned Down as They Sat in Their Radio Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two NYPD Officers Gunned Down as They Sat in Their Radio Car

Sadly, two NYPD officers were assassinated as they sat in their radio car just a few hours ago.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-...e-in-brooklyn/
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-20-2014, 06:49 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Two NYPD Officers Gunned Down as They Sat in Their Radio Car

Source: NewYorkPost

“It’s an execution,” one law-enforcement source said of the 3 p.m. shooting.

The tragic heroes were working overtime as part of an anti-terrorism drill in Bedford-Stuyvesant when they were shot point-blank in the head by the lone gunman, identified by sources as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, who had addresses in Georgia and Brooklyn.

Moments after killing the two officers, he too was dead, having turned the gun on himself on a nearby subway platform as cops closed in.

“I’m Putting Wings on Pigs Today,” a person believed to be the gunman wrote on Instagram in a message posted just three hours before the officers were shot.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Sadly, two NYPD officers were assassinated as they sat in their radio car just a few hours ago.

Oh Lord have mercy!
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Amen
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I missed something...why isn't the mayor so popular with the cops?
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Horrid. Why do these people get the order wrong? If you feel like shooting somebody, shoot yourself FIRST!

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
              Horrid. Why do these people get the order wrong? If you feel like shooting somebody, shoot yourself FIRST!
              That's kinda sick, Pman, but .... yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                I missed something...why isn't the mayor so popular with the cops?
                The Mayor has said dumb things, more or less supporting the "peaceful protests" but in a way that makes it sound like "understands" the violence that sometimes happens.

The police union had already asked him not to show up at any cop funerals. This was before today. It will be interesting to see. Also, the hatchet attack on NYPD cops - the Mayor, in my opinion, bungled the handling of that one.

The Mayor is VERY unpopular with the rank and file.
                Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-20-2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

It is a sin-sick world.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    It is a sin-sick world.
                    We need an honest-to-goodness Holy Ghost revival.

Comment

Evidence for the reason police assume everyone is a threat to their safety. Most people aren't, but every once in a while.....this.

Rest In Peace, Brothers Liu and Ramos. Your watch is finally over.
                      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        That's kinda sick, Pman, but .... yeah.
                        Sorry, but I get angry. I've had my share of headlines where horrible people shoot others minding their own business.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                          Sorry, but I get angry. I've had my share of headlines where horrible people shoot others minding their own business.
                          Yeah, I know. And this nut allegedly shot and killed his girlfriend, then posted that he was going to "put wings on pigs", and kill 2 cops. "they take one of ours, we take two of theirs", or some such nuttery.

Comment

I don't know of anything like this ever happening before, but when Blasio came to the presser about the slain officers, NYPD officers turned their backs on him.

That's a HUGE vote of no confidence.

Comment

Comment