Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sony Caves in to N Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Caves in to N Korea

Anybody paying attention to this?

Source: NewYorkTimes

WASHINGTON — American officials have concluded that North Korea was “centrally involved” in the hacking of Sony Pictures computers, even as the studio canceled the release of a far-fetched comedy about the assassination of the North’s leader that is believed to have led to the cyberattack.

Senior administration officials, who would not speak on the record about the intelligence findings, said the White House was debating whether to publicly accuse North Korea of what amounts to a cyberterrorism attack. Sony capitulated after the hackers threatened additional attacks, perhaps on theaters themselves, if the movie, “The Interview,” was released.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Anybody paying attention to this?

Source: NewYorkTimes

WASHINGTON — American officials have concluded that North Korea was “centrally involved” in the hacking of Sony Pictures computers, even as the studio canceled the release of a far-fetched comedy about the assassination of the North’s leader that is believed to have led to the cyberattack.

Senior administration officials, who would not speak on the record about the intelligence findings, said the White House was debating whether to publicly accuse North Korea of what amounts to a cyberterrorism attack. Sony capitulated after the hackers threatened additional attacks, perhaps on theaters themselves, if the movie, “The Interview,” was released.

© Copyright Original Source

Yes I have. I'm of two minds - one, I'm sorry that they caved. Second, what were these liberal whack jobs in Holly-weird thinking? Not every one thinks like them, some folks are not going to find their nonsense funny. Especially Dictators...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Sony deserved it. They had very little encryption on their servers and had it coming. I just feel sorry for the employees that have been getting harassed.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Yes I have. I'm of two minds - one, I'm sorry that they caved. Second, what were these liberal whack jobs in Holly-weird thinking? Not every one thinks like them, some folks are not going to find their nonsense funny. Especially Dictators...
        Yeah, but another thing -- I'm amazed that the NK Dictator is so incredibly sensitive about his persona -- I mean, it's not like the people of NK are every gonna see this film en masse.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Yeah, but another thing -- I'm amazed that the NK Dictator is so incredibly sensitive about his persona -- I mean, it's not like the people of NK are every gonna see this film en masse.
          He,he, a dictator with issues!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

He styles himself a God, kinda like the old roman emperors did. He wants his people to worship him.
            http://www.asianews.it/news-en/%27De...gion-2585.html

That is why he gets upset about a stupid comedy movie. I would think any normal dictator would like the film since the previews seem to show the Americans as bumbling idiots.

Here is a complete timeline of events:

http://deadline.com/2014/12/sony-hac...ea-1201325501/

Comment

He,he, a dictator with issues!
              He has nobody to whisper in his ear, "thou art only mortal".

(they get shot at first light)

Comment

Given all the usual popular rhetoric about not giving into to terrorists, one wonders if Sony has other secrets it would do almost anything to prevent the revelation of.

Comment

And I was so excited to see this movie. Now I'll never get that chance.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                    Someone will get a copy and put it on the interwebz where it will likely be seen by the curious and get far more attention than if North Korea ignored it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      Given all the usual popular rhetoric about not giving into to terrorists, one wonders if Sony has other secrets it would do almost anything to prevent the revelation of.

Right, there was going to be another e-mail dump - correct?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Someone will get a copy and put it on the interwebz where it will likely be seen by the curious and get far more attention than if North Korea ignored it.
                        Undoubtedly.

Comment

Second, what were these liberal whack jobs in Holly-weird thinking? Not every one thinks like them, some folks are not going to find their nonsense funny. Especially Dictators...
                          I believe they were counting on something called freedom of speech.
                          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            Last I heard was they were contemplating going straight to video with it?
                            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                              Last I heard was they were contemplating going straight to video with it?
                              I'm pretty sure any release of any kind has been canceled completely.

Comment