Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mrs. Bathhouse Barack: asking me to grab something off a shelf is racism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Bathhouse Barack: asking me to grab something off a shelf is racism

http://www.people.com/article/barack...ling-interview

This is why a lot of people just stopped taking the latest round of crybaby crying over racism:

"I tell this story – I mean, even as the first lady – during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised, the only person who came up to me in the store was a woman who asked me to help her take something off a shelf. Because she didn't see me as the first lady, she saw me as someone who could help her. Those kinds of things happen in life. So it isn't anything new."
    This dirty pleb dared mistake ME for a dirty pleb rather than that crazy woman who starves schoolchildren during lunch hour! To her credit, Michelle Obama has yet to be killed by a white man she is assaulting and turned into an international martyr so I guess she has that going for her.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

What she means is that there was someone there who did not bow low enough to suit her.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      What she means is that there was someone there who did not bow low enough to suit her.
      Maybe they asked Michelle for help because she was taller and the thing they needed was on the top shelf. And maybe, because Michelle sees everything as a "black or white" issue, she ASSUMED it was because she was black.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

People all the time ask me for help with stuff at the store, and I just figgered it was cause I'm friendly! Or maybe it's cause I spend so much time in Lowes and Home Depot that they think I work there!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Maybe they asked Michelle for help because she was taller and the thing they needed was on the top shelf. And maybe, because Michelle sees everything as a "black or white" issue, she ASSUMED it was because she was black.
          This was probably the case, and is certainly much more gracious than deciding that Michelle Obama must be an egotistical snob who looks down upon others [glares at Jedidiah, shrugs at Darth]. That said, I have to admit that I find it difficult to believe that Laura Bush could've walked into Target in 2004 with that sort of reception. Not that politicians and their wives should be immune to being asked simple favors, but generally, high-profile folks are treated with tremendous respect and awe when they walk into civilian areas.
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            http://www.people.com/article/barack...ling-interview

This is why a lot of people just stopped taking the latest round of crybaby crying over racism:

This dirty pleb dared mistake ME for a dirty pleb rather than that crazy woman who starves schoolchildren during lunch hour! To her credit, Michelle Obama has yet to be killed by a white man she is assaulting and turned into an international martyr so I guess she has that going for her.
            Silly Michelle! That uppity black woman just doesn't know her place. That's what blacks are for isn't it? <sarcasm>
            “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
              This was probably the case, and is certainly much more gracious than deciding that Michelle Obama must be an egotistical snob who looks down upon others [glares at Jedidiah, shrugs at Darth].
              She's the one who brings up the class issue. "I'm the First Lady!!!!!!"
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                Silly Michelle! That uppity black woman just doesn't know her place. That's what blacks are for isn't it? <sarcasm>
                Yeah being asked to get something off a shelf is like another Jim Crow or something.

Comment

I don't recall any other First Lady being asked such a thing, though.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    I don't recall any other first lady so narcissistic that she'd turn a request like this into a national story.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      People all the time ask me for help with stuff at the store, and I just figgered it was cause I'm friendly! Or maybe it's cause I spend so much time in Lowes and Home Depot that they think I work there!
                      Being five foot sixteen inches tall I am commonly approached by people in stores asking for help reaching items on top shelves.

In your case they're probably Loss Prevention wanting to see you stretch so they can see if you stuffed any merchandise in your pants.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                        [glares at Jedidiah, shrugs at Darth].
                        I can not speak for Darth, but I simply expressed a feeling of the attitude both of the Obamas have shown. I did not mean it as a serious suggestion. It was just an interpretation of what I think her attitude is. And I stand by it, glare or not.
                        Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          That may be because they never made a federal case out of nothing. Or ? ? ?

Comment

Didn't Michelle Obama also say she tries to disguise herself when she goes out in public? If that's the case (and I may be misremembering something), then perhaps she shouldn't complain if she's not recognized.
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              Didn't Michelle Obama also say she tries to disguise herself when she goes out in public? If that's the case (and I may be misremembering something), then perhaps she shouldn't complain if she's not recognized.
                              In the original article she claims she says "during that wonderfully publicized trip I took to Target, not highly disguised." It's entirely possible the woman didn't recognize her because she has no clue who the first lady is. IIRC half of Americans don't know who the vice president is so it's not unlikely.

Comment