Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Rise Of Nationalism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    You said:

"Immigrants had very little to do with the Lehman and Bear Sterns meltdown which cascaded the banking collapse of 2008 and crashed the market. Nor does it have anything to do with the banking crisis in the EU now. That's a totally different ballpark."

But it does. First they make sure the population can't mount an effective defense. The more different the immigrants are, the better. And in Mexico's case it's also convenient as they'd have trouble explaining why they're shipping, say, steppe muslims from Central America over by the millions. With mexicans they just pretend they can't stop it and partially enforce the border to look like they're trying. Then they just do whatever they like because we're all arguing about microaggressions.
    Sounds like a conspiracy theory. Who's "they"?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Sounds like a conspiracy theory.
      No, they're quite open about it. Questioning mass immigration, especially on the basis of what effect various ethnic differences will have, is racist. They don't really have to hide their goals, they just omit the consequences, which just so happen to be good for them and bad for the rest of the population.

Who's "they"?
      Oligarchs and their politician pets of course. That includes the bankers. I already explained this in the previous post.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

No, they're quite open about it. Questioning mass immigration, especially on the basis of what effect various ethnic differences will have, is racist. They don't really have to hide their goals, they just omit the consequences, which just so happen to be good for them and bad for the rest of the population.

Oligarchs and their politician pets of course. That includes the bankers. I already explained this in the previous post.
        So your argument is that the influx of illegal immigrants into western cultures is a ploy by bankers colluding with politicians to intentionally distract the population away from their illicit banking activities and seize control of nations? That's pretty much what I'm gathering from your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          So your argument is that the influx of illegal immigrants into western cultures is a ploy by bankers colluding with politicians to intentionally distract the population away from their illicit banking activities and seize control of nations? That's pretty much what I'm gathering from your posts.
          Not draw attention away, ensure we can't mount a defense. There's a difference, because lots of people think they are a corrupting, evil influence. But nobody seriously fights them, not because we're distracted, but because we mistrust (and in many cases, hate) each other.

Also, it might not even have started out as an intentional ploy, it could have simpy been done for cheap labour, and the other benefits became apparent afterwards.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
              And what guarantee or likelihood do you have that the people they send abroad are their best? Mexico is the home of the richest man in the world, but Carlos Slim certainly didn't get that way by helping his poor people where they were.
              Who said they were their best? I just reported what I saw and what my family living over there has said. Most of them want a better life and move to europe. The problem is not that they are terrorists, or not assimilating, or they are trying to force sharia law on the locals, but that they are taking jobs away from locals. The German government is allowing the immigrants, so they are legal.

Comment

Not draw attention away, ensure we can't mount a defense. There's a difference, because lots of people think they are a corrupting, evil influence. But nobody seriously fights them, not because we're distracted, but because we mistrust (and in many cases, hate) each other.

Also, it might not even have started out as an intentional ploy, it could have simpy been done for cheap labour, and the other benefits became apparent afterwards.
                I've heard people like Alex Jones propose similar theories, so I'm really surprised to hear it coming from you, and I'm equally surprised you're not getting lambasted with ridicule from the Tweb regulars here for it. Democrats need immigrants here because they need the votes and need to look like the benevolent political heroes they portray themselves to be, in spite of any social or economic consequences, because they know the public feeds off that kind of emotional and sentimental bullcrap. I see how it serves political purposes. Bankers are driven by insatiable greed and they'll resort to anything to feed that greed at the expense of everyone else, including their own country, but I don't see how the influx of immigrants serves a purpose to these ends. If they want cheap labor, they just influence policy makers (like they did in the past) to allow corporations an open door to cheap foreign labor abroad. They don't need immigrants here for cheap labor.

Comment

Alex Jones steals a lot of theories from other people, then adds his shrill, paranoid, insane voice to them to kill their credibility. If he turned out to be on the FBI payroll I wouldn't lift an eyebrow. Factories are easy to outsource. A lot of work isn't though. Construction, agriculture, etc. Everything else being equal, it's better not to pay shipping costs and deal with multiple governments.

The tech industry is notorious for doing everything in their power to cut wages, including demanding that the market be flooded with more workers than they need:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...021_893728.htm

A longtime advocate for more skilled immigration, Microsoft continues to ask Congress to lift caps on the H-1B visa program for highly skilled workers and offer more green cards to foreign-born talent. As recently as Jan. 5, the company posted a policy proposal on President Obama's transition Web site requesting that the government "remove caps that bar entry into the U.S. by high-skilled immigrants." Several weeks later, on a Jan. 22 earnings conference call, the company announced plans to eliminate 5,000 jobs in research and development, information technology, marketing, sales, finance, legal, and human resources over the next 18 months, as well as thousands of contract jobs.
                  Bankers are driven by insatiable greed and they'll resort to anything to feed that greed at the expense of everyone else, including their own country, but I don't see how the influx of immigrants serves a purpose to these ends.
                  I already explained how. Twice. If you don't get it, well, there's only so much time I'm willing to devote to educating the terminally obstinate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Who said they were their best? I just reported what I saw and what my family living over there has said. Most of them want a better life and move to europe. The problem is not that they are terrorists, or not assimilating, or they are trying to force sharia law on the locals, but that they are taking jobs away from locals. The German government is allowing the immigrants, so they are legal.
                    The distinction between 'legal' and 'welcome' is much appreciated.

Comment