Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

No Room At The Inn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Room At The Inn?

So I guess, according to the President, Christians should accept illegal immigrants and welcome them in.

If we’re serious about the Christmas season, now is the time to reflect on those who are strangers in our midst and remember what it was like to be a stranger,” Obama said during an immigration town hall in Nashville.

Obama reminded them that the Christmas season was about a “soon to be mother” and “a husband of modest means” who were looking for a place to stay, but there was no room at the inn.

As I said the day that I announced these executive actions that we were once strangers too, and part of what my faith teaches me is to look upon the stranger as part of myself,” he said. “And during this Christmas season that’s a good place to start.”

Obama also mistakenly attributed the slogan of throwing stones in glass houses to the Bible.

“I think the good book says, you know, ‘Don’t throw stones in glass houses,’ or make sure that we’re lookin’ at the log in our eye, before we’re pulling out the mote in other folk’s eyes,” he said. “I think that’s as true in politics as it is in life.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...cutive-Amnesty
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

"...part of what my faith teaches me is to look upon the stranger as part of myself."

Really? I didn't know Islam taught that.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to point me to chapter and verse in the Bible where it says that we should harbor criminals.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Ouch!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

People who support the murder of babies ought to be pistol-whipped when they quote (or attempt to use) scripture to defend their liberal ideas.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Originally posted by seer
          Ouch!
          I'm not sure what Obama believes but he isn't a muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            So I guess, according to the President, Christians should accept illegal immigrants and welcome them in.
            Perhaps Obama though Jesus was born in a glass house, and that's why we shouldn't throw stones at glass houses?

“I think the good book says, you know, ‘Don’t throw stones in glass houses,’
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The president used the word "Christmas!!!"

That was incredibly politically and religiously incorrect. It should be "holiday season" or something. The ACLU should go after him.

Comment

We have a similar problem in Denmark. We do grant asylum to many in war times, but we rarely let them stay. Slums quickly end up forming when we do, crime rates go up and the immigrants just don't integrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                  I'm not sure what Obama believes but he isn't a muslim.
                  I can't remember the quotes(well, not just quotes, and it would take forever to find them again), but I can definitely see why people say such things. Something like how he would side with any Islamic nation over our own allies, he was raised Muslim, and he seems to treat Muslims better than most other groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    I can't remember the quotes(well, not just quotes, and it would take forever to find them again), but I can definitely see why people say such things. Something like how he would side with any Islamic nation over our own allies, he was raised Muslim, and he seems to treat Muslims better than most other groups.
                    Obama was not raised muslim, he was mainly raised by his mother and her grandparents who were nominally Christian.

Comment

Obama was not raised muslim, he was mainly raised by his mother and her grandparents who were nominally Christian.
                      The Pastor "G D America" got hold of him.

Comment

I seem to remember him being raised by his dad for a while, and during the period he was a Muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke
                          G-- D---
                          Sit nomen domini benedictum.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            I seem to remember him being raised by his dad for a while, and during the period he was a Muslim.
                            From the WashingtonPost...
                            Source: WP

It seems clear that Obama, who grew up in Hawaii and Indonesia, was exposed to many cultural and religious influences as a child. But he appears to have shown little interest in organized religion until he "found Christ," in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago in the mid-80s. The dominant influence in his life was neither his father (whom he barely knew) or his stepfather, but his mother, Ann Dunham, a free-spirited type he once described as a "secular humanist."

The Obama campaign says they believe that the Muslim notation was made in the ledger because that was the nominal religion of Barack's stepfather, now deceased. Campaign spokesman Tommy Vietor said that Obama "is not, and was never, a Muslim." The campaign yesterday established a new website, Fight the Smears, to counter such rumors.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Sit nomen domini benedictum.
                              Yeah. Double.

Comment