Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Code Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    Well the marines are crazy, and so are you seer.

Besides the danish Frogmen are better trained than Seals... un/fourtunately they don't see nearly as much firefight, so eventually any Seals team become better than a given Frogmen team. But right out of training? Frogmen would beat Seals.
    Don't be silly! Danish Frogmen?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
      Once again we are saying breaking the law is not only acceptable in some cases, but positively laudable. Hey, if you think that, that's fine but at least the US should be honest about it instead of going on about all the high minded virtues it self righteously protects.
      War <--> Security<--> Despotic order/martial law<--> legal order <--> liberal order
      ^Soldiery starts here ^laws and their breaking start here

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
        War <--> Security<--> Despotic order/martial law<--> legal order <--> liberal order
        ^Soldiery starts here ^laws and their breaking start here
        Thanks. No idea what you're trying to say.

Comment

Thanks. No idea what you're trying to say.
          It is the duty of the liberal to loudly misunderstand the simple truths that give the lie to their entire worldview.

Comment

If your initiation ritual isn't the same as King Leonidas in "300", then you haven't been initiated into crap. It's just pointless semi homoerotic Edited by a Moderator.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Please watch your language.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 12-15-2014, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
              It is the duty of the liberal to loudly misunderstand the simple truths that give the lie to their entire worldview.
              Couldn't possibly be your fevered and garbled attempts at communications, I suppose?

Comment

Once again we are saying breaking the law is not only acceptable in some cases, but positively laudable. Hey, if you think that, that's fine but at least the US should be honest about it instead of going on about all the high minded virtues it self righteously protects.
                To them, it is a necessary fiction: there would have been much lower popular support and recruitment if what was hidden had been brought to light.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                  To them, it is a necessary fiction: there would have been much lower popular support and recruitment if what was hidden had been brought to light.
                  So would you say there a disconnect between the values of the American public and the actual behaviour of the U.S. government and military?

Comment

So would you say there a disconnect between the values of the American public and the actual behaviour of the U.S. government and military?
                    I would say that there is a disconnect between the values espoused and the actual behaviour, which would be indicative of the actual values.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      I would say that there is a disconnect between the values espoused and the actual behaviour, which would be indicative of the actual values.
                      Interesting. I imagine all citizens in every country have some sort of this disconnect. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems to me the US is particularly prone to moral rhetoric which doesn't match their real values.

Comment

Interesting. I imagine all citizens in every country have some sort of this disconnect. Maybe it's my imagination but it seems to me the US is particularly prone to moral rhetoric which doesn't match their real values.
                        Which empire isn't?

The US is especially prone because the Christian majority has historically resolved the tensions between loyalty to Christ and loyalty to Caesar by proclaiming the myth that they are a Christian nation, with predictable results.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          "Code Red", or as we also called them "blanket parties" (see the movie "Full Metal Jacket") were strictly illegal according to the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice).
                          Originally posted by seer View Post
                          I was involved in a number of these - and at times they were quite brutal.
                          So you broke the law in a brutal manner on a number of occasions and you are proud of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
                            So you broke the law in a brutal manner on a number of occasions and you are proud of this?
                            Proud is not the word, necessary is.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I think you guys need to be kinder to seer. I don't think he offers these insights in order to say that he loved doing it, he admits it to show us that he's partaken in similar things to what's being discussed. And that its shaped his perspective of whether doing extremely harsh and cruel things can be necessary or justified in certain circumstances.

Despite my critiques of the CIA's internal conduct in regards to the treatments of the detainees, I do have a sympathy for this view.

Comment

Couldn't possibly be your fevered and garbled attempts at communications, I suppose?
                                You can't communicate to someone who a priori rejects the message, the message being that effective soldiery is the foundation of any law and order, not the other way around.

Comment