Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dems Outwhoop Gruber on Stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dems Outwhoop Gruber on Stupidity

We already knew Democrats were distancing themselves from Gruber, but it appears they're going to outdo the Republicans on the whoopin'.

Source: National Review Online

Elijah Cummings Savages Gruber: ‘Absolutely Stupid,’ ‘Incredibly Disrespectful’

Elijah Cummings tore into MIT professor and Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber on Tuesday for his remarks on American voters and the debate surrounding the passage of the Affordable Care Act.

The ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee made GOP chairman Darrell Issa’s opening statement sound tame by comparison.

“As far as I can tell, we are here today to beat up on Jonathan Gruber for stupid — I mean absolutely stupid — comments he made over the last few years,” he began, staring angrily at the hapless professor.

“Let me be clear, I am extremely frustrated with Dr. Gruber’s statements,” Cummings continued. “They were irresponsibly, incredibly disrespectful, and did not reflect reality. And they were indeed insulting.”

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Why is this surprising? Anyone with any sense whatsoever and is dependent on voters to keep their job is going to distance themselves as much as possible from his statements, like San Fran Nan did weeks ago. People don't like being called stupid.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Pelosi was less credible as she claimed not to know who Gruber was, which was false: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-jonathan-gru/

I'm surprised the Republicans aren't more taking the tack of thanking Gruber for his candor.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

All he did was say aloud what nearly every politician (whether D or R) is already thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
          All he did was say aloud what nearly every politician (whether D or R) is already thinking.
          Yeah, well it's a two way street, Mister!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
            "Every politician"!? If that's so, doesn't that show we are indeed stupid?
            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
              Well, that certainly applies in Florida.

Comment

No question in my mind about that. The American voters have shown less and less intelligence in recent decades. The result - stupid legislators.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  No question in my mind about that. The American voters have shown less and less intelligence in recent decades. The result - stupid legislators.
                  This is what universal suffrage gets you. The vote of the idiot who dropped out of high school counts just as much as the vote of the doctor. And uneducated people tend to have more babies, Margaret Sanger's efforts notwithstanding.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Pelosi was less credible as she claimed not to know who Gruber was, which was false: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-jonathan-gru/

I'm surprised the Republicans aren't more taking the tack of thanking Gruber for his candor.
                    'Thank you for your candor - which we noticed was completely absent in the weeks leading up to passage when it might have done some good.'

Gruber shouldn't be holding his breath for that one...
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      This is what universal suffrage gets you. The vote of the idiot who dropped out of high school counts just as much as the vote of the doctor. And uneducated people tend to have more babies, Margaret Sanger's efforts notwithstanding.
                      Well, not Everyperson's fault. Our government-controlled schools teach kids to 1) think of the government as a cornucopia god. 2) Think whatever our great and noble leaders show or tell us what we should think. All those pregnant welfare queens with many kids. "Saddam has WMD!"

Contra Winston Spencer Churchill, democracy is the worst kind of government.
                      The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Well, not Everyperson's fault. Our government-controlled schools teach kids to 1) think of the government as a cornucopia god. 2) Think whatever our great and noble leaders show or tell us what we should think. All those pregnant welfare queens with many kids. "Saddam has WMD!"
                        meh
                        Contra Winston Spencer Churchill, democracy is the worst kind of government.
                        Good thing we don't have a democracy here.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          We already knew Democrats were distancing themselves from Gruber, but it appears they're going to outdo the Republicans on the whoopin'.

Source: National Review Online

Elijah Cummings Savages Gruber: ‘Absolutely Stupid,’ ‘Incredibly Disrespectful’

Elijah Cummings tore into MIT professor and Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber on Tuesday for his remarks on American voters and the debate surrounding the passage of the Affordable Care Act.

The ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee made GOP chairman Darrell Issa’s opening statement sound tame by comparison.

“As far as I can tell, we are here today to beat up on Jonathan Gruber for stupid — I mean absolutely stupid — comments he made over the last few years,” he began, staring angrily at the hapless professor.

“Let me be clear, I am extremely frustrated with Dr. Gruber’s statements,” Cummings continued. “They were irresponsibly, incredibly disrespectful, and did not reflect reality. And they were indeed insulting.”

© Copyright Original Source

Meh, he just said what most of them think anyway.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                            Which is more responsible -- voter apathy or the effort to dumb down the electorate?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Which is more responsible -- voter apathy or the effort to dumb down the electorate?
                              The first follows the effects of the second.

Comment