Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Waterboard Feinstein!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterboard Feinstein!

Just for being a stupid woman. I mean even John Kerry asked her not to release the report. They are putting our soldiers and other US citizens in more danger for nothing! Idiots...

WASHINGTON (AP) — American embassies, military units and other U.S. interests are preparing for possible security threats related to the release of a report on the CIA's harsh interrogation techniques at secret overseas facilities after the 9/11 terror attacks.
    Related Stories

The report from the Senate Intelligence Committee will be the first public accounting of the CIA's use of what critics call torture on al-Qaida detainees held at "black" sites in Europe and Asia. The committee on Tuesday was expected to release a 480-page executive summary of the 6,000-plus-page report compiled by Democrats on the panel.
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-prepares-se...-politics.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

- Col. Jessep
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

- Col. Jessep
      I love Col. Jessep! As a former Marine I was personally involved in a number of "code reds" or as we called them "blanket parties." They were harsh measures but they either got rid of the non-hackers or got them straight.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

This is when I wish we actually still tried and executed people for treason....
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's about time.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            It's about time.
            No it isn't. It is never right to put our people in danger unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              No it isn't. It is never right to put our people in danger unnecessarily.
              Just like it's never right to commit human rights violations unnecessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                Just like it's never right to commit human rights violations unnecessarily.
                And we didn't. Remember we just lost 3,000 of our fellow citizens and we had no idea what was coming next. But I'm glad you agree that it was wrong to put out this report.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  And we didn't. Remember we just lost 3,000 of our fellow citizens and we had no idea what was coming next. But I'm glad you agree that it was wrong to put out this report.
                  It's wrong to torture people.

Comment

No it isn't.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                      It's about time.
                      Feinstein has always had hysterical neocon-type views on terrorism and our need to combat it which leaves me puzzled (and suspicious) by all this. Unfortunately we most likely got the whitewash PR version. We won't get the hardcore stuff because CIA claimed they supposedly destroyed the evidence years ago.

Another thing to point out within this context is that, according to Col. Wilkerson, Bush/Cheney knew they were holding hundreds of innocent people at gitmo but kept that quiet in order not to change public opinion about the war in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Another thing to point out within this context is that, according to Col. Wilkerson, Bush/Cheney knew they were holding hundreds of innocent people at gitmo but kept that quiet in order not to change public opinion about the war in Iraq.
                        If they were never given a trial, how do they know they were innocent?
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          If they were never given a trial, how do they know they were innocent?
                          No idea. That's what Wilkerson claimed. I'll do some research for you and see if I can find out how exactly, but it'll take some time to gather that information because I'm on a crappy comp right now.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            No idea. That's what Wilkerson claimed. I'll do some research for you and see if I can find out how exactly, but it'll take some time to gather that information because I'm on a crappy comp right now.
                            Ok. I can't look up things like that on my government issued computer either.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No it isn't - not if you can save innocent lives.

Comment