Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Waterboard Feinstein!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I have to admit I guffawed when I read that, I imagined an exchange between an lawyer and someone on the witness stand.

Witness: "Yes its factually correct."
    Lawyer: "Ah but do you know for a fact, that its factually correct?"
    I'm glad you caught that! I was actually thinking of John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn....

Rooster Cogburn: Well, he was armed. He had that axe raised.
    Lawyer Goudy: Now, I believe you testified that you backed away from Aaron Wharton?
    Rooster Cogburn: That's right.
    Lawyer Goudy: Which direction were you going?
    Rooster Cogburn: BACKWARDS! I ALWAYS go backwards when I'm backing up.

Honestly, no I don't, I'll presume that its substantially correct until given good reasons for thinking otherwise though.
    Why? Why wouldn't the fact that it is a totally PARTISAN report, in addition the timing - even Kerry tried to appeal to reconsider -- why wouldn't you be suspicious until given good reason to think otherwise?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Thing is, something can be factually correct but still misleading. For instance:

"Bill took money from the treasury."

Vs

"Bill took money from the treasury after his supervisor gave him the go ahead."
      Yeah!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• From a Washington Post Article, the title says it all.... Today’s CIA critics once urged the agency to do anything to fight al-Qaeda

Source: WashingtonPost

On May 26, 2002, Feinstein was quoted in the New York Times saying that the attacks of 9/11 were a real awakening and that it would no longer be “business as usual.” The attacks, she said, let us know “that the threat is profound” and “that we have to do some things that historically we have not wanted to do to protect ourselves.”
        When Blitzer asked about how KSM would be interrogated, Rockefeller assured him that “there are presidential memorandums that prescribe and allow certain measures to be taken, but we have to be careful.” Then he added: “On the other hand, he does have the information. Getting that information will save American lives. We have no business not getting that information.”
        And that’s not all. Blitzer asked if the United States should turn over KSM to a friendly country with no restrictions against torture. Rockefeller, laughing, said he wouldn’t rule it out: “I wouldn’t take anything off the table where he is concerned, because this is the man who has killed hundreds and hundreds of Americans over the last 10 years.”

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

• I am definitely more well-disposed toward bumbling torturers than mendacious Congressmen, and the former have far better employment prospects after their government tenure is up.

Comment