Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World's biggest economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's biggest economy

International Monetary Fund (IMF) was quoted as saying that China now has the world's largest economy on a purchasing power basis this year.
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    International Monetary Fund (IMF) was quoted as saying that China now has the world's largest economy on a purchasing power basis this year.
    No more government spending.
    Cut off all trade with the Chinese.
    If you see "Made in China" printed on something, DO NOT BUY IT.

Yet I do not wish to nuke China, the growth of our people there negates the option.

Comment

Why? Sparko makes frivolous posts in my threads. Now you. Am I being punished for something?
      The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Why? Sparko makes frivolous posts in my threads. Now you. Am I being punished for something?
        Frivolous? Unlike most of your early, not only did it describe a proposed problem based on previous news heard but described both the concrete steps necessary to solve it and the situation on the ground that placed moral and practical limits on the solution.

It's those extra steps that are the mark of at least some serious thought, and should be quite welcome in any discussion.

Comment

Why? Sparko makes frivolous posts in my threads.
          Frivolocity is in the eye of the beholder.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post

Yet I do not wish to nuke China, the growth of our people there negates the option.
            If you don't want to engage in trade to protect your own economy, that's all right. I do wonder why you're even considering nuking China though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              If you don't want to engage in trade to protect your own economy, that's all right. I do wonder why you're even considering nuking China though.
              When you have lots of hammers, identifying what is and is not nail-worthy is just good practice(especially if you want to remind everyone that you do, in fact, have some totally sweet hammers.)

Comment

Our economic decline is what we deserve for being frivolous. Sparko ought to be banned and exiled to Thule--first step toward regaining our economy eminence.

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post

Is that the best reason you can think of?
                  Production goes overseas because people prefer to pay less for most consumer goods and manufacturers try to reduce production costs in order to increase profits. As China becomes wealthier, some of the production will come back or maybe go to some other overseas country with an emerging economy. India? Africa? Russia? Trade barriers distort the free market and cause political difficulties. You have been globalised. Learn to be a citizen of the world.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I am not posting in this thread.

Comment