Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why Do Fat Girls Date Less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Fat Girls Date Less?

Really, a half a million tax payers dollars? Isn't the answer obvious? Why do they waste our money?

The National Institutes of Health has awarded $466,642 in taxpayer dollars to Magee-Women’s Research Institute and Foundation in Pittsburgh, Pa., to study and compare the intimate relationships of obese and non-obese girls.

“Mounting evidence demonstrates that weight influences intimate (i.e., dating and sexual) relationship formation and sexual negotiations among adolescent girls. Obese girls consistently report having fewer dating and sexual experiences, but more sexual risk behaviors (i.e., condom nonuse) once they are sexually active,” the grant abstract said.
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...-and-risk-more

http://projectreporter.nih.gov/proje...default&cs=ASC
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

My wife was morbidly obese for well over a decade before having gastric bypass. Seer, I find your rhetorical question "Isn't the answer obvious?" rather crude. I really can't say anything else without my words having an edge that I do not desire on them.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      My wife was morbidly obese for well over a decade before having gastric bypass. Seer, I find your rhetorical question "Isn't the answer obvious?" rather crude. I really can't say anything else without my words having an edge that I do not desire on them.
      Well of course the answer is obvious. I'm not attacking over weight ladies - just the waste of our money.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

They date less because guys like me are shallow pieces of crap.
        O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelp(p) View Post
          Or because they possess normal human sexual preference.

Comment

You should flagellate yourself harder for normal biological impulses.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Yes, I agree... Though I never minded a woman with a little extra weigh.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Well of course the answer is obvious. I'm not attacking over weight ladies - just the waste of our money.
                In a corrupt system, why not? It's a free for all. Invent any asinine study in the name of "science" and get it while the getin's good.
                Last edited by seanD; 12-08-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  You should flagellate yourself harder for normal biological impulses.
                  Are they normal? There's a lot of guys who are chubby chasers and I doubt all of them are lying.

Besides, looks aren't everything (and I'm far from a prize myself anyway).
                  O Gladsome Light of the Holy Glory of the Immortal Father, Heavenly, Holy, Blessed Jesus Christ! Now that we have come to the setting of the sun and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise. O Son of God and Giver of Life, therefore all the world doth glorify Thee.

A neat video of dead languages!

Comment

Are they normal?
                    Yes? Would you date a cow? And I don't mean "cow" as an euphemism for something else, I mean cow as in the actual animal. Would you be willing to consider dating a cow if it had a mutant human grade brain and could thus talk to you and had a really sweet personality? People have to be wired to be attracted to other humans, and grotesque modifications to a base form will turn down the attractiveness level.

There's a lot of guys who are chubby chasers and I doubt all of them are lying.
                    No there aren't, and just because there are some doesn't mean not liking fat on a woman makes you evil or shallow. A lot of women don't like short guys and unlike fat, you can't really change your height.

Besides, looks aren't everything (and I'm far from a prize myself anyway).
                    Ok. I'm overweight and I think shaming people for not being attracted to overweight people is retarded.
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I don't think seer's observation is crude at all unless you're determined to apply the most negative meaning to his words. I agree with him, it is obvious, but not because I think overweight women are inherently unattractive, it's because of the values of the culture that we live in.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

How about this: If you don't want someone thinking "I'm going to come after you with a pitchfork" for this thread, don't start it and don't say "Isn't it obvious?" To a question like the NIH study. Nice way to confirm the Poop deck thread Seer. And it shows exactly how much "Class" you have.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          How about this: If you don't want someone thinking "I'm going to come after you with a pitchfork" for this thread, don't start it and don't say "Isn't it obvious?" To a question like the NIH study. Nice way to confirm the Poop deck thread Seer. And it shows exactly how much "Class" you have.
                          What are you taking about? It is a fact that most men prefer slimmer women. The point is we don't need a tax payer funded study to come up with conclusions that most of us already know. It is a total waste of our hard earned money.

Comment

Does this need to be moved to the poop deck?
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Fat girls probably date less for the same reasons as fat guys do.

Our culture is based on physical beauty and if you don't measure up to what the media/advertisers say is beautiful, then you are a loser.

I'll take my million bucks for this study I have done in small bills, please.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment