Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Obama racial profiling guidelines: Do they actually do anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epoetker
    replied
    He seems to be governing on this one the same way he governed on the immigration bill-speeches entirely for show, no actual action taken except a 'do-whatever' to the permanent civil service people in charge. It's rather refreshing to see the illusion of government so ineptly yet confidently demonstrated.

Leave a comment:

• myth
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...le4351965.html

Not only are these not binding on non-federal law enforcement, but aren't there already policies against racial profiling just about everywhere (other than the exceptions mentioned in the article)?
    It looks like political grand-standing to me. I don't see how it changes anything at all. Sometimes politicians just want to be seen doing something...so, I guess they're doing something.

Leave a comment:

• Darth Executor
    replied
    Because profiling works, Obama's just pandering to his black base since many of them feel (accurately) he hasn't done anything for them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Not only are these not binding on non-federal law enforcement, but aren't there already policies against racial profiling just about everywhere (other than the exceptions mentioned in the article)?
    Yeah, my favorite part from the article you cited was "The new protocols allow for significant exemptions, including for Homeland Security officials who screen passengers at airports and do inspections at the border."

Why can Homeland Security officials profile, if profiling doesn't work?

Leave a comment:

• New Obama racial profiling guidelines: Do they actually do anything?