Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Black American Culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Black American Culture?

How do you change a culture that generally does not value education, where the out of wedlock birth rated is close to 70%, and crime is a way of life? I mean how many billions of dollars have been transferred to the inner cities via social welfare programs without any noticeable effect? Do they need to begin to take responsibility for their own lives, and perhaps blame themselves (not the culture at large) for their own bad choices? I just don't see any other options - pouring money into the problem does not seem to be helping. What will help?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It irritates me that we have to label anything a [insert name here] American culture...
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Time? There's still people alive that lived through the Civil Rights era. Since I was born well after that era(1990 to be exact), the segregation and racism seems stupid and pointless to me. But some one that was born before that time would have been affected, whether white or black, by the preconceptions of that time. So, educating young people(of all ethnic/culture groups) to be accepting of other cultures and to not be jerks and be responsible might help. And then wait for preivious generations to die of old age.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        It irritates me that we have to label anything a [insert name here] American culture...
        Yes, I agree, but this is the identity politics of today!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Divine intervention?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            Time? There's still people alive that lived through the Civil Rights era. Since I was born well after that era(1990 to be exact), the segregation and racism seems stupid and pointless to me. But some one that was born before that time would have been affected, whether white or black, by the preconceptions of that time. So, educating young people(of all ethnic/culture groups) to be accepting of other cultures and to not be jerks and be responsible might help. And then wait for preivious generations to die of old age.
            Back in the late 90s I was in a discussion with a fellow who claimed that the unemployment rate for black American men (18-34 I believe) was so high (around 25%) because of systematic racism. In my research I happened on a government stat about black immigrants from Africa and the islands - their unemployment rate for the same demographic was almost exactly the same as the national rate - around 4.3%. That kind of lead me to believe that the problem was not systematic racism at all.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Back in the late 90s I was in a discussion with a fellow who claimed that the unemployment rate for black American men (18-34 I believe) was so high (around 25%) because of systematic racism. In my research I happened on a government stat about black immigrants from Africa and the islands - their unemployment rate for the same demographic was almost exactly the same as the national rate - around 4.3%. That kind of lead me to believe that the problem was not systematic racism at all.
              Aren't immigrants screened or something? Or have more opportunity? Maybe they should see if middle class African Americans have the same unemployment rate. Maybe I just don't understand your post. Wouldn't higher education mean higher employment? And immigrants might be more apt to be going to our universities?

Comment

Aren't immigrants screened or something? Or have more opportunity? Maybe they should see if middle class African Americans have the same unemployment rate. Maybe I just don't understand your post. Wouldn't higher education mean higher employment? And immigrants might be more apt to be going to our universities?
                Or could immigrants just have a better work ethic?

Comment

I was just wondering what all the factors might be. And how to reduce them. I wonder what cerealman would think?

Comment

I was just wondering what all the factors might be. And how to reduce them. I wonder what cerealman would think?
                    Or perhaps it is all this garbage the left is spewing?

When Department of Justice officials arrived in Ferguson, Mo., one day after the death of Michael Brown, it wasn’t just to conduct an investigation on potential civil-rights violations. In fact, officials from one Justice Department office were conducting meetings with Ferguson residents to educate them on subjects such as “white privilege.”

The DOJ’s Community Relations Service arrived in Ferguson purportedly to lessen the tension between protesters and city officials. But sources who attended the DOJ’s private gatherings with Ferguson residents tell NRO that the Justice Department also sought to educate and question the community about the issues of white privilege and racism.
                    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-ryan-lovelace

Comment

White privilege? There is no race or gender on the internet, so why can't we just get along in real life?

Comment

White privilege? There is no race or gender on the internet, so why can't we just get along in real life?
                        Perhaps a certain political party finds an advantage in keeping us separate and envious of each other?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Perhaps a certain political party finds an advantage in keeping us separate and envious of each other?
                          I'm Caucasian. What are you? Maybe that's also why I don't understand the Civil Rights stuff. Did "whites" think "blacks" had cooties? Or 16-19th century Europeans were racist idiots? Who cares if they had the same skin color as me, I'm still calling them out on being stupid, arrogant, racists.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            For MANY years, immigrants came here because they wanted to BE "Americans".
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How do you change a culture that generally does not value education, where the out of wedlock birth rated is close to 70%, and crime is a way of life?
                              Realize that culture is downstream from genetics and enforce capital punishment against that particular 'culture' without mercy, that the surviving generation of that race may not have those malign influences. Prison is semi-workable as far as removing the bad influences, but, due to conjugal visits and a Hollywood and welfare culture that venerates both criminals and single mothers, terrible at ensuring that the most genetically sociopathic individuals are removed from the gene pool. Africans in general, despite their low IQ, are much better at picking up on social cues than most other races; probably why they were easy to enslave in the first place. Of course, those who confuse agreeability for ability, whether Southern planters or New York city liberals, are always destined to have their lives and fortunes end prematurely at the hands of those whom they projected their own understanding on.

Comment