Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Black American Culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    I like ending sentences with prepositions myself. What is wrong with it? Did you have any trouble understanding what she wrote?
    I had a really mean grammar teacher who physically abused me.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Racism will not die in America as long as hustlers like Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, and Eric Holder do their best to keep it alive, but in my 20+ years as a working professional, I have not seen any evidence that America is seething with hatred for blacks. In my industry, I have seen white people succeed and fail, and I have seen black people succeed and fail, and nothing will convince me that it has anything to do with the color of their skin.
      I think that is the real point of the OP. It is not so much race as culture. I do not know directly anything about the culture in "inner city" black or white neighbor hood. Are poor white neighborhoods any different in terms of culture? Or is it purely the encouragement of post slavery victim mentality by liberals?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I had a really mean grammar teacher who physically abused me.
        Actually, that's only a Latin grammar rule applied to English.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

You can be a victim. Or choose to become a hero! nanananana BATMAN!(seriously Bruce didn't remain a victim...)
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            All this IQ differential is so much garbage. Yes blacks overall have lower IQ than whites. Asians have higher IQ than whites. Men have higher IQ than women. Tall people have higher IQ than short people. Those numbers do not really mean anything when applied to individuals, and the differences are quite small if you really look at the details. What is in question here is culture not IQ.
            At one point the person with the highest IQ in Guinness Staying there until the score was retired with a test score of between 186 to 228 is Marylin vos Savant. She's still considered to be potentially the highest. Men are not higher than women IQ wise. Men and women think very differently and test very differently in typical spatial IQ tests. In common standard IQ tests now, Tests are actually the same with Men scoring higher Spatially and Women scoring higher Verbally though cross variations have been found.
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              At one point the person with the highest IQ in Guinness Staying there until the score was retired with a test score of between 186 to 228 is Marylin vos Savant. She's still considered to be potentially the highest. Men are not higher than women IQ wise. Men and women think very differently and test very differently in typical spatial IQ tests. In common standard IQ tests now, Tests are actually the same with Men scoring higher Spatially and Women scoring higher Verbally though cross variations have been found.
              I very much agree that all the things I listed are simply artifices of statistics. They do not reflect anything real. I hope you did not get me wrong on that.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment