Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kayley Whalen, Trans Murders and Erika Keels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Listen to Kayley Whalen at about 6.00 minutes and see if you think she is lying.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaWq75As7k
    ff, I accidently amen'd this post. I sure did not mean it. Please consider it a horrible horrible mistake.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Really FF, you are losing all credibility, and undermining real cases of this sort by crying wolf...
      ff cannot lose credibility. He does not have any to begin with.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You can't just look at a case and automatically apply a bunch of preconceived notions, or unrelated facts.
        Why not? Liberals do it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          This reminds me of another Philadelphia case... Mumia Abu-Jamal. There are so many sites claiming he's innocent of killing a cop, but I looked into the case and it seems fairly obvious that he's guilty based on the actual evidence.
          one of the reasons I don't buy Ben and Jerry's ice cream they supported this Killer of a police officer. I choose not to support those who who support people like him.

Comment

There is this too. Conflicting accounts. How fast is a car going before a person is thrown into the air? I’m trying to contact Savannah Hornback.
            http://archive.today/Z2DhG#selection-213.159-217.0
            Any one else notice that FF did not answer CPs question about the medical examiners report but threw out some more questionable information? Instead of showing where the supposed medical examiners report could be found.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Why not? Liberals do it all the time.
              Oh, stop it. Like Glen Beck is the epitome of cool, rational discourse!

Comment

the plan was to alleviate that mistrust and prevent the officers from directly or indirectly causing offense and frustration in the transgender community.
                Translation: Transgenders are the new aristocrats, bigot, and you'd better know your place, boy!

This whole thing sounds like merely a salvo in the World War T offensive. Which, if you read obscure bloggers like Steve Sailer, you would have seen coming a good year or more back.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                  Translation: Transgenders are the new aristocrats, bigot, and you'd better know your place, boy!

This whole thing sounds like merely a salvo in the World War T offensive. Which, if you read obscure bloggers like Steve Sailer, you would have seen coming a good year or more back.
                  Do you have any inkling at all about WHY old Steve might be an obscure blogger?

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                    Oh, stop it. Like Glen Beck is the epitome of cool, rational discourse!
                    But he uses an old school blackboard! (or, at least, did at one time)
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-09-2014, 06:08 AM.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There area few things that you have not factored into your analysis.
                      1. Violence against trans gender people is very common.
                      2. Police forces tend to be conservative in their attitudes and would likely be very disrespectful of trans gender prostitutes.
                      3. Police corruption is a risk factor.
                      4. Possible witnesses (prostitutes) would be easily intimidated.
                      Nor have we factored in the price of tea in China.

The things you listed simply show your bias and motivation to try to force a story to fit your agenda. There is absolutely no evidence that the man who ACCIDENTALLY struck Keels did so intentionally, or even KNEW Keels was transgendered, so your only beef is that the police did not charge the driver for negligent homicide or whatever the applicable codified ordinance would be.

Where you hurt yourself is in the dishonesty of the presentation of this case and swallowing the hype without fact checking.

wolf.jpeg
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Listen to Kayley Whalen at about 6.00 minutes and see if you think she is lying.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaWq75As7k
                        Do I think she is lying?

She claims that transgendered persons are murdered "constantly", at a rate of 31 a year, Every 32 hours, and it's an "epidemic".

Now, think really hard about that....

First, she is calling some of them "murders" where they are actually tragic accidents, some of which are brought on by the person's own conduct - like "standing in the street" on a busy road.

100% of the examples she gives are NOT MURDERS, and those were probably her "best examples".

The other example she gives is a woman badly burned in her car, and the fire department, upon discovering she was transgendered, "left her there to die". That's an incredibly subjective statement -- how does she know that the responders "left her there to die" -- is it possible she didn't have a pulse? And even if they DID "leave her there to die", that would not be murder -- the cause of death was the fire. Who set that? How did that start?

By the way, that person is unnamed, no date, nothing to check it for truth.

She plays VERY LOOSE with the facts, and nothing to back up her claims.

Next she claims a "transwoman of color" is killed "constantly", "every 32 hours", 31 a year. Try doing that basic math. It doesn't compute.

THEN try defending that as an "epidemic".

So, yes, I think she is lying, and given that she is apparently a very intelligent person, I'd have to say she's doing it on purpose to push her agenda.
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-09-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
                          Do you have any inkling at all about WHY old Steve might be an obscure blogger?
                          He's the journalistic equivalent of the high school drug dealer, which of course he attempts to minimize.

Originally posted by Steve Sailer
                          Interesting analogy … Not one I would have come up with …

Okay, I can buy it … Except, it would be like if at your high school they automatically put hallucinogens in all the water coming out of the drinking fountains, and I was the contraband dealer the teachers and honor students went to when they needed to clear their heads by drinking from my secret stash of pure, distilled H2O.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Next she claims a "transwoman of color" is killed "constantly", "every 32 hours", 31 a year. Try doing that basic math. It doesn't compute.
                            The 1 every 32 hours statistic was a whole world average. Many occur in predominately Catholic Latin America. She quotes 10 murders in the US up to September 30th. She also says that in 72% of LGBT hate crime murders, the victims are trans-women. Her claim is that the numbers are unusually high because the population itself is small which is why she calls it an epidemic.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The 1 every 32 hours statistic was a whole world average. Many occur in predominately Catholic Latin America. She quotes 10 murders in the US up to September 30th. She also says that in 72% of LGBT hate crime murders, the victims are trans-women. Her claim is that the numbers are unusually high because the population itself is small which is why she calls it an epidemic.
                              The TWO "murders" she kinda sorta elaborates on cannot be substantiated the way she portrays them. You kinda sorta skipped over that. A tragic death is not a "murder" unless there is a "murderer".

Do I STILL think she's lying?

PantsOnFire.jpg

Comment

Maybe FF thinks that if you lie about something for what he thinks is a good cause, it is OK.

Comment