Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kayley Whalen, Trans Murders and Erika Keels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    There is this too. Conflicting accounts. How fast is a car going before a person is thrown into the air? I’m trying to contact Savannah Hornback.
    http://archive.today/Z2DhG#selection-213.159-217.0
    Even in THAT account by the SAME REPORTER in 2007....
    According to Jeff Moran, spokesperson for the Medical Examiner’s Office, the manner of death was accidental.

So, when did the ME's report morph into the "murder" version?

ALSO from that article by the SAME REPORTER....
    Advocates for slain trans woman Erica Keel are criticizing a decision by city officials to classify her death as an accident. They’re convinced Keel was the victim of a vicious hate crime and that the driver is getting away with murder.

So, AGAIN, all this nonsense about being run over FOUR TIMES and this was a MURDER is just a steaming pile of horsie poo.

A traffic accident cannot be ruled a MURDER unless INTENT is proven. NOBODY claims that the driver SINGLED OUT the victim based on sexual orientation.... they're just profoundly ignorant about the law, and are trying to make this something it is not.

busted.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So, AGAIN, all this nonsense about being run over FOUR TIMES and this was a MURDER is just a steaming pile of horsie poo.
      Listen to Kayley Whalen at about 6.00 minutes and see if you think she is lying.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moaWq75As7k
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Listen to Kayley Whalen at about 6.00 minutes and see if you think she is lying.
        No, I don't believe her.

1. There is no photo of Erika Keels
        2. She basically give another conflicting version saying she was run over 3 times instead of 4
        3. She claims to have "worked with her" but to me it sounds like she is passing on an urban legend and trying to make it sound more real by sticking herself in the story.
        4. There is still no official news source on this "murder" -- just gay sites passing the same story around from site to site, quoting each other.

Comment

So, you have somebody who was NOT an eyewitness giving the account of OTHER supposed eyewitnesses who were obviously biased, and even HER version doesn't say Keels was "run over 4 times". Everything she is saying is second or third hand, and she's working hard to TRY to turn this into a hate crime.

She may as well have said "Keels had her hands up and was yelling 'don't shoot' and the cops shot her in the back like an animal".

The FACTS are not consistent with what you claimed in the OP --- we have a tragic death because, apparently, Keels was IN THE STREET under the influence of drugs, and was hit by a driver who wasn't wearing his glasses. The driver thought he had hit a MAN -- and had NO IDEA Keels was a transgendered woman, therefore the "hate crimes" is absolute horsie poo.

So, this is STILL....

busted.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Really FF, you are losing all credibility, and undermining real cases of this sort by crying wolf...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

What we have here is VERY similar to all the racist rants going on.....

A) Find a case where the victim is "one of us"
              2) Make it about discrimination, even if it means outright lying or misrepresentation of the facts
              C) Ignore the evidence, rely on biased "witnesses", and blame the cops
              D) Do everything possible to make the victim "innocent"
              5) Hype it up and FORCE a "hate crime" attribute even where none is plausible

FF -- you're no better than the idiots doing the "hands up - don't shoot" thing that's a totally manufactured element, and has no relation to the truth.

This was a tragic accidental vehicle death, nothing more.
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-08-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Really FF, you are losing all credibility, and undermining real cases of this sort by crying wolf...
                And you're just noticing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  No, I don't believe her.

1. There is no photo of Erika Keels
                  2. She basically give another conflicting version saying she was run over 3 times instead of 4
                  3. She claims to have "worked with her" but to me it sounds like she is passing on an urban legend and trying to make it sound more real by sticking herself in the story.
                  4. There is still no official news source on this "murder" -- just gay sites passing the same story around from site to site, quoting each other.
                  There area few things that you have not factored into your analysis.
                  1. Violence against trans gender people is very common.
                  2. Police forces tend to be conservative in their attitudes and would likely be very disrespectful of trans gender prostitutes.
                  3. Police corruption is a risk factor.
                  4. Possible witnesses (prostitutes) would be easily intimidated.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

2. Police forces tend to be conservative in their attitudes and would likely be very disrespectful of trans gender prostitutes.

How does that prove anything about this? You have no direct evidence it even happened! So please, unless you can even show that what you have posted has even a grain of truth, your claims above are just as bogus.

Police are generally disrespectful of criminals no matter what they do or who they are. That doesn't mean they ignore crimes committed against them.

Put up or shut up.

Comment

So is stupidity.

3. Police forces tend to be conservative in their attitudes and would likely be very disrespectful of trans gender prostitutes.
                      So, you can just ASSume that happened here? The Police didn't run over the victim, you realize that, don't you?

So is posting while stupid on Tweb.

Yeah, and there's a good chance they'd lie, too, cause there is no evidence that there was a "run over" 4 times.

You can't just look at a case and automatically apply a bunch of preconceived notions, or unrelated facts.

Your story has been blown apart by your own sources.

Comment

Now there's a sound methodology for determining the truth if I've ever seen one.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          This is only one more sad tragic failure of law enforcement in the USA.
                          This is really only one more sad tragic failure of morality in the USA. No comment on the case as I know nothing about it.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Several things are suspicious here.... (and, yes, ACTUAL murder is wrong and should be investigated)

Here are some problems I see with the story:

A) Firstfloor posted it
                            2) The only sources I can find are from gay / lesbian / atheist advocacy groups
                            C) When I click on some of the links to "source", I get 404 errors, like youngphillypolitics.com which was supposedly a press conference
                            D) Firstfloor posted it
                            5) It APPEARS that some of the "source material" has been deleted, and links to them can't resolve
                            6) Firstfloor posted it

I think before we all weigh in on a topic, we should consider the source and see if it's actually a topic.
                            Especially A, D, and 6.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Now there's a sound methodology for determining the truth if I've ever seen one.
                              yeah

Comment

I think you forgot one...

5. Nobody should trust a post from somebody who self identifies as slimy and dishonest.

That's it, isn't it! This was a PRANK!!!! You PUNK'D us!

Comment