Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kayley Whalen, Trans Murders and Erika Keels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Maybe FF thinks that if you lie about something for what he thinks is a good cause, it is OK.
    You mean like "Lying for the Lord devil"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The TWO "murders" she kinda sorta elaborates on cannot be substantiated the way she portrays them. You kinda sorta skipped over that. A tragic death is not a "murder" unless there is a "murderer".
      The underclass is invisible to officialdom. If the police muddy the water it is a chicken and egg sort of problem but they are beginning to surface and will soon be visible to you too.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

You mean like "Lying for the Lord devil"?
        yeah.

I also notice that he still hasn't shown any evidence that this story is true. He keeps trying to side-step that point.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          The underclass is invisible to officialdom. If the police muddy the water it is a chicken and egg sort of problem but they are beginning to surface and will soon be visible to you too.
          In other words, we can lie like the devil and get away with it, and you should just believe us because we say it.

Show me the coroner's report where he claimed Keels was "run over multiple times".

Show me ANY media reports of this incident at the time.

I have already showed you where even the gay newspaper reporter disputes Whalen's pants-on-fire lies.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Do you have any actual evidence that the story is true? Or not?

Police generally treat prostitutes (including transgendered prostitutes) as criminals, because that is what they are. There is no evidence that the police condone murdering them or that they don't try to solve their murders. The problem in big cities is that there are a lot of unsolved murders and crimes. The police (or actually the detectives) are not able to solve them all in one hour like on TV.

A friend of mine's husband was murdered 20 years ago and it was never solved. And 4 years ago her son, who was involved with some bad kids, was murdered in their own basement. That was never solved either.

Comment

This is like any internet hoax that is based on an actual event....

A) Be sure to use an event that is not well documented but supports your contention
              2) Add your own "facts", making them up at will
              C) Pass along the version of the story you get, but add details to make it more "usable"

Keels' death is tragic, as is any death. The initial reports BY THE GLBTQSKJMLD Community are incredibly conflicting --- she was in somebody's car and was thrown out, she was in her OWN car and thrown out, she was crossing the street, she was standing in the street, she was hit by an old guy who wasn't wearing his glasses and he ran, she was run over 4 times, she was run over 3 times, the coroner's report supports this, the coroner rules it an accident....

The fact is that you took this on as your MAIN POINT, and it's based on a bunch of lies.

Where is the coroner's report? How do they know what it says if they didn't get a copy of it?

Comment

She quotes 10 murders in the US up to September 30th.
                The two she discusses are not murders, and those, apparently, were her best case. I'm guessing the other 8 were even LESS credible?

Comment

FF is embarrassed that he didn't bother using any critical thinking before believing the OP and starting a thread about it.

Comment

The two she discusses are not murders, and those, apparently, were her best case. I'm guessing the other 8 were even LESS credible?
                    Clearly you are not to be convinced about the Erika Keels case. I agree that the evidence is ambiguous. If you allow yourself to look at it from the point of view that this case may be the tip of an iceberg and may represent a hidden scandal like the abuse of children by Catholic priests or the torture of ‘enemy combatants’ at black sites then you can begin to put the pieces together. You won’t do that if only hard official facts count – because the officials aren’t counting; not yet.

Edited by a Moderator
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-10-2014, 10:17 AM.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Clearly you are not to be convinced about the Erika Keels case.
                      Yes, I'm not easily fooled.

I agree that the evidence is ambiguous.
                      That's like saying Jack the Ripper was a prankster.

If you allow yourself to look at it from the point of view that this case may be the tip of an iceberg
                      MAY BE? And the "tip of an iceberg" is a clearly identifiable object, not a myth or an embellished story.

and may represent a hidden scandal like the abuse of children by Catholic priests
                      Why should it not surprise me that you would compare persons engaging in sexual criminality with innocent children abused by priests? That's just SICK.

Edited by a Moderator

Here's the problem ---- you take your "best case", and add all kinds of lies to it to make better fit your agenda, with no regard for the truth. That's NOT how you bring people along to your point of view.

In your original video, at 6:50:

Philadelphia Police Department said “it was nothing” and they refused to investigate, they said “she was nothing, it was nothing, you’re making a big deal out of nothing”.

This is SO TYPICAL of these kinds of things... start with an incident, blow it so out of proportion that it no longer reflects the truth, but the people in the room eat it up and are ready to fight back. Just TOTALLY MAKE UP stuff, or rely on second hand or third hand gossip.

This is no better than trying to use Brown as a poster boy for civil rights -- an individual engaged in CRIMINAL ACTIVITY who encountered a tragic death that would otherwise NOT have happened had they not been doing what they were doing.
                      Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-10-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        FF is embarrassed...
                        FF would have to have integrity to be embarrassed.

Comment

MAY BE? And the "tip of an iceberg" is a clearly identifiable object, not a myth or an embellished story.
                          This is SO TYPICAL of these kinds of things... start with an incident, blow it so out of proportion that it no longer reflects the truth, but the people in the room eat it up and are ready to fight back. Just TOTALLY MAKE UP stuff, or rely on second hand or third hand gossip.
                          The predictable strategy: "Ignore the falsity of the original claims; focus on the big picture!"

Comment

“With the introduction of the Philadelphia Police Department’s Directive 152 in December and the gradual implementation of it, the plan was to alleviate that mistrust and prevent the officers from directly or indirectly causing offense and frustration in the transgender community.”
                            Is there no responsibility on the GLBTQSAGTWDX community to encourage their adherents to refrain from drugs and illegal sexual activity? Would the officers even be having contact with these people if they were NOT engaged in criminal activity?

Is it the recommendation of the GLBTQSAGTWDX, perhaps, that certain neighborhoods and areas be ceded to the illegal activity of GLBTQSAGTWDX adherents?

Comment

Would the officers even be having contact with these people if they were NOT engaged in criminal activity?
                              This is not the whole answer to your query but it seems that the police go out of their way to persecute trans women especially if they are black.
                              https://www.aclu.org/blog/lgbt-right...rested-walking

“I have been harassed by police four times since my initial arrest last May. The police have stopped me for no real reason when I have been walking to the grocery store, to the local bar, or visiting with a friend on the sidewalk. The police have even threatened me with 'manifestation with intent to prostitute' charge, while I was just walking to my local bar!”
                              Last edited by firstfloor; 12-10-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

This is not the whole answer to your query but it seems that the police go out of their way to persecute trans women especially if they are black.
                                That doesn't change the fact that your OP was completely bogus.

pants on fire.gif

Comment