Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rolling Stones rape reporter wrote other fake rape stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Stones rape reporter wrote other fake rape stories

Looks like after the bad days for feminism that was GamerGate they're gonna have another round of bad days:

First, a Catholic priest rape story:

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/12/befo...conned-by.html

Before a writer for Rolling Stone ever made the mistake of believing an alleged gang-rape story told by a student named "Jackie," she bought an alleged multiple-rape story told by a former altar boy named "Billy."

here's lots of irony here folks for readers of this blog. The writer of the story in question, Rolling Stone contributing editor Sabrina Rubin Erdely, is from Philadelphia. Before she bought Jackie's story, she fell for a story told by a former altar boy dubbed "Billy Doe" by a grand jury.

In Rolling Stone, it seems rape is bigger than rock. On Sept. 15, 2011, Erderly wrote a story for Rolling Stone that accepted as gospel Billy Doe's fantastic claims about being passed around as a rape victim among two priests and a school teacher. [The Catholic Church's Secret Sex-Crime Files.] In Erdely's defense, she, like many other members of the media, made the mistake of relying on an intellectually dishonest grand jury report containing more than 20 factual errors.

Attention Rolling Stone: if you think the factual discrepancies in Jackie's story are "deeply unsettling," wait till you read all the factual discrepancies in Billy's story, documented for the past two years on this blog. Sadly, the stakes here are a lot higher than in Virginia, where none of the alleged attackers have even been outed. In Philly, three priests and a school teacher wound up going to jail over Billy's story, which has since unraveled. One of those priests died in prison last month after he spent his last hours handcuffed to a hospital bed while suffering from untreated coronary disease.
    Then there's this, a military rape story where the victim apparently made up a story inconsistent with military procedures:

https://storify.com/gerrydales/first...other-works-yo

Edit: that should read rape reporter, I don't think she's a rapist, though that might be one way in which she could get a verifiable story...
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-07-2014, 02:54 PM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    Edit: that should read rape reporter, I don't think she's a rapist, though that might be one way in which she could get a verifiable story...
    Did I fix it good enough?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment