Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Good things happen too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    My toddler is very excited about picking Christmas presents for her mom, her new baby brother, and me. It makes me happy to see her thinking of other people.
    Surely she'll get you a zymology textbook.
    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
      Surely she'll get you a zymology textbook.

Her first choice was actually a teddy bear, but her mom is going to help her out.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post

Her first choice was actually a teddy bear, but her mom is going to help her out.
        When my granddaughter was about 3, her Daddy let her pick out her Mommy's birthday cake. It was Rapunzel from Tangled.

Needless to say, Mommy loved the cake anyway.

I bet you would have adored the teddy bear!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          I'd like to give a shout-out to an organisation called 'Samaritan's Purse'.

Every year here we get shoeboxes stuffed with very thoughtful and useful gifts to give out to needy children. The boxes are labelled for sex of child and age range, and contain a range of stuff, from toys and fun stuff, to school gear (pens, colour pencils, notebooks), to simple clothes (a T-shirt, shorts etc). They're great. The look on kids faces when they get a whole box of good stuff - often the first ever Christmas gift they've had - is priceless.

Samaritan's Purse, and all who contribute to it.
          Amen. I need to start doing that again. I have missed the last couple of years. No excuses.

Comment

One of our firm's office assistance contractor's employees died this week, leaving behind a 6-month old daughter. The firm is representing her sister pro bono in her quest to obtain guardianship of her niece, and put up $10,000 in matching funds in asking for financial assistance for her. That $10,000 was matched in less than a day.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Had me tearing up:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152617748023717

Comment

Some Cracker Barrel customers gave a waitress an enormous tip.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: QuantaFille

You have been told not to post here.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                  Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 12-22-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

OK, once again Epo. Please desist from posting in this thread. This is NOT a debate thread. This is a thread for us to share things that would warm anyone's heart not further our own twisted agenda. The fact that you cannot even do this one simple thing says volumes about your character.

Comment

So, I'm driving through a parking lot, making my way to Frye's Electronics to buy my grandson some Christmas goodies, and a cop on a bicycle comes within earshot of me. I'm at a stop sign, so I beep once - just a short beep to get his attention - and when he looks, I yell "WE LOVE THE POPO". He actually laughs, and starts to turn away, then yells back "HEY, WAIT A SEC", and comes cycling over to my car.

He tells me thanks, then tries to hand ME a $25 gift card that somebody had just given HIM! He tells me he's not supposed to accept gratuities, so I show him my shield and say "me neither".

We both laugh, and now there are cars behind me at the stop sign, so I gotta move on. It "made the day" for BOTH of us!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Check out what these policemen in Detroit are doing to change peoples attitudes and lives:

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/12/22/video...will-stun-you/
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Jorge Munoz is one of the most inspiring people you'll ever meet. A school bus driver by day and an angel by night. Every night for the past 5 years, he has gone home and cooked food for hundreds of people on his old stove. He then goes to a street corner in Queens, New York and feeds those that are hungry. He does this with his own money because "it's the right thing to do". He is a man that wants to help, and is the epitome of an everyday hero.

http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=1606

Everyday people are capable of great acts of kindness and goodness. While we 'debate' whether an uncaused existence must exist, my wife is busy sewing feminine hygiene kits for developing countries so girls can stay in schools longer. A great project

Days for Girls

Comment