Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Good things happen too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Source: Hesitations 26:40

And he cometh unto the twebbers, and findeth them posting, and saith unto Epo, What, could ye not rejoice with me one post?

© Copyright Original Source

I love the book of Hesitations!
    I rejoice appreciably with good news, and rejoice mightily with news that adds to the suspicion that things are in fact progressing in the right direction.

I'm happy that we had our FINAL GRADUATE from our Jobs for Life program this morning - making ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of those who started ended up finishing strong!
    Beautiful. Here's hoping the follow up is just as good. (The class I took for my current job had a 100% pass rate and an 80% actually-get-hired-at-the-company rate, which is probably as high a praise of teaching performance as you can get. Granted, they had their choice of entrants, but the washing-out was at least done very early, before anybody dropped any serious money or time on the program.)

Comment

I'd like to give a shout-out to an organisation called 'Samaritan's Purse'.

Every year here we get shoeboxes stuffed with very thoughtful and useful gifts to give out to needy children. The boxes are labelled for sex of child and age range, and contain a range of stuff, from toys and fun stuff, to school gear (pens, colour pencils, notebooks), to simple clothes (a T-shirt, shorts etc). They're great. The look on kids faces when they get a whole box of good stuff - often the first ever Christmas gift they've had - is priceless.

Samaritan's Purse, and all who contribute to it.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
        I'd like to give a shout-out to an organisation called 'Samaritan's Purse'.

Every year here we get shoeboxes stuffed with very thoughtful and useful gifts to give out to needy children. The boxes are labelled for sex of child and age range, and contain a range of stuff, from toys and fun stuff, to school gear (pens, colour pencils, notebooks), to simple clothes (a T-shirt, shorts etc). They're great. The look on kids faces when they get a whole box of good stuff - often the first ever Christmas gift they've had - is priceless.

Samaritan's Purse, and all who contribute to it.
        We've been doing that for years, and have actually gotten some thank you notes! A GREAT program!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
          TY Seer. That's very beautiful. How about some good stuff people do for each other?
          Well yes, I can tell you how much food we collected, how many toys we collected, how many knit hats and gloves were made, how many warm coats we gathered in my church for the local poor. I can tell you how I help a homeless woman, freezing in the cold, find shelter in a church early two Sunday mornings ago. I can tell you that every second Tuesday of the month we bring in a tractor trailer filled with food and drink to hand out to the less fortunate. The list can go on and on...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Oath Keepers? Aren't they labelled a domestic terrorist group by the feds? Is that a dilemma for you?
            As the state fails, the militia steps in. Most fascinating.

Comment

Here's a nice one:

Officer Dean Walker in Denver was praised as a Top Cop in October for defusing a family situation by talking calmly to a youth with Aspergers and taking him out for dinner. The officer has also served many years as a volunteer sporting coach in his community. Good Work!
              TOP COP: OFC. DEAN WALKER

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 a Denver man and his wife called the Denver Police as a last resort for help with their son. Their son has Aspergers, and was growing increasingly upset due to some changes in his environment. The family had just moved to a new apartment, and was short on funds. The father was two days from payday and the family was without food. In comes Denver Police Department District Three, Southeast Denver Officer Dean Walker.

Using his various skills, he calmly talked the frustrated young man down, but he didn’t stop there. Dean recognized how frustrating hunger can make anyone and took the young man to get something to eat. The family was beyond grateful for Dean’s kindness, and calming demeanor. The young man’s father later wrote in to thank Dean. He and his wife are sure that he kept the situation from escalating, and that he turned a bad day for their son, into a great one with a this simple act.
              cop.jpg

Comment

Here's a nice one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3045[/ATTACH]
                Yes it is...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

OP didn't say entries had to be recent, so I'll add this one. Back in April, a nine-year-old boy was kidnapped from his home in southwest Atlanta. He sang gospel music (namely a song called "Every Praise") for three hours until finally, the kidnapper became too annoyed and kicked him out of the car. The man who wrote the song heard the news and was so touched that he personally flew to Atlanta and paid the boy a visit at a church service. I found the story utterly hilarious and deeply awe-inspiring.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...pping/7851279/
                  Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

A very good thing - Both my great grandson and great granddaughter will be coming to Alaska. I look forward eagerly to seeing them. Can't get much better than that.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

The reaction in Australia after the awful events of the other day was a generous, open hearted refusal to be divided and hateful. And thus began the #Illridewithyou campaign.

Comment

The reaction in Australia after the awful events of the other day was a generous, open hearted refusal to be divided and hateful. And thus began the #Illridewithyou campaign.
                        By a very pretty persyn, it seems:

image60.jpg

Originally posted by Porter
                        Truly nothing triggers the liberal impulse toward moral preening quite like death. I wonder, has anyone asked the victims bereaved families if they also #willridewiththem? Ahh who the hell am I kidding? If patterns hold, the families will lavishly forgive the Dar Al Islam before their loved ones reach room temperature. Surely a generous donation from estates to the local madrasa is the least we should expect. Remember, the Fajr prayer is at dawn sharp!

Of course all of the ride sharing, supine forgiveness, and vacuum-headed bimbettes in the collapsing Western world won’t change anything about militant Islam. As it is not intended to. These are all displays of vain peacocking for the benefit of a shrinking white liberal peer group. It’s a mindset many will carry to terminal conclusion. The last one on Earth will be remarking similarly while turning over flames on a spit–if he can cough the apple out of his mouth.

One day, when glistening cheeks have turned to stone…when puerile ‘isms break impotently…when we have suffered the last rape, the last murder, the last insult…there will be a new frightfully trending tweet in the West:

#getoutnow
                        Congratulations, Pman, by retweeting that disgustingly traitorous individual, you just emptied my fund of human concern. Back on a war footing.

Comment

Epoetker, please don't post here anymore. You have the rest of tweb to be a jerk in.

Comment

I was impressed with the professional and adult way in which your officials responded -- and they even did good accents. Where do they learn that?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My toddler is very excited about picking Christmas presents for her mom, her new baby brother, and me. It makes me happy to see her thinking of other people.
                              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Epoetker, please don't post here anymore. You have the rest of tweb to be a jerk in.
                                Moderated By: RumTumTugger

Speaking as Department head of Civics I am making it official
                                Epoetker do not post in this thread again.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment