Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Teenage boy killed outside mosque - very strange and sad situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teenage boy killed outside mosque - very strange and sad situation

Today, a 15 year old boy was intentionally hit by an SUV outside a mosque/Somali refugee center in Kansas City, nearly knocking his legs off. He died in this hospital this evening.

The driver of the SUV (a 30 something) tried running away on foot, but was caught shortly after. He had a machete with him.

Apparently now we're hearing that the people at the mosque were receiving threats over Islam for the last few weeks, and the victim was the son of the mosque leader. This whole thing is insane and depresses me.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/12/04/pedestr...ical-injuries/
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Posting the articles sanitized for public consumption without context is what brain-dead liberals do. But you're hopefully not a brain-dead liberal, amirite?

The article has no public comments....except those hidden behind a facebook login. I, having been of sound mind and in a remote location during the big facebook craze, have willfully neglected to acquire one. You, however, or someone who posts here, presumably has a Facebook account, and can read through those comments for local news items actually pertinent to the facts and not simply matching the narrative of the day. You can then make yourself useful by posting them here for us to read, demonstrating that you are in fact a thinking individual, concerned citizen, compiler of relevant facts, etc. and not just a rabbit-witted amplifier of the media's narrative of the day.

Comment

How about we actually be sorry for half a minute that another young man's life is brought to an end by violence?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
        Posting the articles sanitized for public consumption without context is what brain-dead liberals do. But you're hopefully not a brain-dead liberal, amirite?

The article has no public comments....except those hidden behind a facebook login. I, having been of sound mind and in a remote location during the big facebook craze, have willfully neglected to acquire one. You, however, or someone who posts here, presumably has a Facebook account, and can read through those comments for local news items actually pertinent to the facts and not simply matching the narrative of the day. You can then make yourself useful by posting them here for us to read, demonstrating that you are in fact a thinking individual, concerned citizen, compiler of relevant facts, etc. and not just a rabbit-witted amplifier of the media's narrative of the day.
        The FB number indicates Likes, there are no comments.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

I have no idea what Epo is talking about. It is true there isn't much substance in the article from yesterday. It was an ongoing breaking news event where not much had been confirmed as of yet.

But we now know it was a Christian who did it. Ugh..

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...le4299890.html
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment