Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

My Wife Can't Keep Her Doctor. Period!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpholding View Post
    3) gave less than $100K to charity in the last recorded year (most of it in the form of an art collection)
    To be fair, one could argue that per Matthew 6:3, well known Christians probably shouldn't be disclosing all their donations, even for tax purposes (because it is to be public knowledge).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      How about 8 billion per year on cosmetics, 17 billion on pet food, 12 billion on perfume. We waste a huge amount of money that could be better used elsewhere.
      Indeed so. Pet costumes too.

Not all of us vote for scum like that.
      Please move to Florida.

If the church at large here had had any morals, they'd have come out en masse for the GOP primary opponent in 2010...and we wouldn't have scum in the governor's seat.
      Last edited by jpholding; 12-04-2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        To be fair, one could argue that per Matthew 6:3, well known Christians probably shouldn't be disclosing all their donations, even for tax purposes (because it is to be public knowledge).
        I think I could beat that argument. Not a matter of public honor in this case...more like a demonstration of fiscal responsibility suited to a leader.

Comment

I think I could beat that argument. Not a matter of public honor in this case...more like a demonstration of fiscal responsibility suited to a leader.
          Realistically, knowing Scott, we can highly doubt he is secretly funding a bunch of charities under the table anyway.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            To be clear, I have never suggested that Obamacare is the "Christian solution". It is what it is.
            I wasn't sure when you said that Christians could be doing more and then followed it up by saying that you're thankful to have "affordable" health insurance through Obamacare.

In my defense, I have seen some people seriously suggest that God is using Obama to force American Christians to do things some people think we should have been doing all along (more handouts for the poor and unemployed, health coverage, amnesty, etc.). I'm glad you're not one of those.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Indeed so. Pet costumes too.
              You say that like it's a bad thing.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Cut the jokes, cowboy!

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  In my defense, I have seen some people seriously suggest that God is using Obama to force American Christians to do things some people think we should have been doing all along (more handouts for the poor and unemployed, health coverage, amnesty, etc.).
                  It won't be going on when America goes broke (broker than it is now).
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    You say that like it's a bad thing.
                    Cocoa certainly thinks it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      The obamacare legislation is to large and unwieldy that no one can really understand it. Parts have to be pulled out and interpreted on their own. Without any meaningful reference to the law. No one can really answer that question.
                      I was expecting an answer like "theres all these regulations on how doctors operate like x, y, and z" or "this tax and this fee make our old practices not worth it". Specific causes for problems like the cut in hours or not being able to see the PA as often.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                        I was expecting an answer like "theres all these regulations on how doctors operate like x, y, and z" or "this tax and this fee make our old practices not worth it". Specific causes for problems like the cut in hours or not being able to see the PA as often.
                        Well, please excuse Mrs CP for being more concerned about her cancer treatment and losing her doctor than the application of rules and regs of Obamacare.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Well, please excuse Mrs CP for being more concerned about her cancer treatment and losing her doctor than the application of rules and regs of Obamacare.
                          You misunderstand. I wasn't stating my disappointment, I was clarifying myself to Jedidiah.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                            You misunderstand. I wasn't stating my disappointment, I was clarifying myself to Jedidiah.
                            My apologies -- I'm still pretty miffed over this. The guy is EXACTLY the kind of doctor you'd want - actually taking time to LISTEN to patients, not just "poke, prod, prescribe".

Comment

Having talked with my wife a little more last night, I get the feeling that the REASON her doctor "sold out" to a bigger clinic was because of the massive "reporting" and "compliance" of Obamacare. The bigger clinic has the staff, the lawyers, the HR people, the reporting functions that a smaller doctor's office simply can't afford. The tradeoff, of course, is that the bigger clinics are much more focused on cost-effectiveness. The cut in hours (no weekends or early mornings) are probably due to the fact that they're trying to maximize the "patient load per hour" metric.

Her doctor had explained that they had Saturday and early morning hours purely for the convenience of their patients, and the patient load at those times barely justified "staying open" for those hours.

I don't know the specific regs or sections of the ACA that impacted his decision, but he indicated it was virtually impossible to remain open as a small practice and be able to hire and maintain quality staff. I can't remember the exact stats, but I remember the last time I talked to him (about 2 years ago) that he was bemoaning the fact that he had to go from seeing x patients per hour to x+increase. In other words, he couldn't spend as much time with each individual patient, because he would lose money. And if he can't spend quality time with patients to get a better overall picture of their situation, he felt he wasn't being the doctor he was trained to be.

I'd also point out that it's not a case of being "old and tired", as one of my friends tried to suggest -- the guy is in his prime, and has a LOT to offer. It appears, however, that this will be in the Dominican Republic instead of the US of A.

Comment

Well, you could always see this doctor, he seems happy enough.

Last_word.jpg

Comment