Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racial Profiling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by square_peg View Post
    Because I specifically said that the hypothetical cops started patrolling other towns, which we could say are predominantly Catholic (i.e. they patrol those towns because they know Catholics tend to live there).
    sheesh one idiocy after another where in seers post did the police go To other towns NOWHERE you tried to mock him and came out showing what an idiot you are.
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-04-2014, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      sheesh one idiocy after another where in seers post did the police go To other towns NOWHERE you tried to mock him and came out shwing what an idiot you are.
      That little "analogy" was, by all accounts, not one of square_peg's finer moments.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        Maybe its because I don't really interact with him enough, but its my feeling that if someone says they're not a liberal or a conservative, then let it be. As useful as it is to sometimes categorize things so that we have some frame of reference, some people have views that are more complicated than the boxes we put them in
        Sometimes you just don't know how to strictly or neatly classify yourself into any onething. It's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Sometimes you just don't know how to strictly or neatly classify yourself into any onething. It's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
          Just check the "liberal" box, and put an asterisk beside it with a note "with some exceptions".

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

sheesh one idiocy after another where in seers post did the police go To other towns NOWHERE you tried to mock him and came out shwing what an idiot you are.
            This is some impressively thick irony.

If you're going to insult a person by calling him an idiot, it's a good idea to make sure that your grammatical usage, spelling, capitalization and sentence structure are coherent. Otherwise, you come off as less than brilliant yourself.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

This is some impressively thick irony.

If you're going to insult a person by calling him an idiot, it's a good idea to make sure that your grammatical usage, spelling, capitalization and sentence structure are coherent. Otherwise, you come off as less than brilliant yourself.
              I am really impressed with your writing ability, square_peg, despite the fact that you aren't particularly gifted at some literary devices.

Comment

I love you, RTT, but you really shouldn't post when your dander's up; your grammar and spelling quickly go to pot.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Annoyed, more like it. She (and other people here, apparently) will never understand that when minorities like myself speak on the topic of race, we do so from our own life experience, drawing from aspects of our very identity, parts of who we are and what we've lived through. It is deeply, deeply insulting to not only ignore everything we say, but then dismiss and distort our words and act like we're playing a game here, rather than speaking the truth that we've each individually personally lived.
                  That's right, nobody, who is white, can possibility understand what it is like to be a minority in any situation. Because you know, working in a career field that is 90% men, doesn't sometimes end up being an issue with me at all. Nope, I've never had to deal with a few misogynic men who believe/say things like: "Women shouldn't be mechanics" or "Women shouldn't be in the military" nor have I ever had to deal with being objectified. No sir, those things don't happen because I can never ever understand attitudes or moments of discrimination by idiotic people because being white magically protects me from it. Now, in reality (you know, this place you apparently don't live) many people have had to deal with these things. Myself included, yet... I don't spend all of my post talking about how I've been wronged by a hand full of men because I can name far more good and decent men vs a hand full of misogynic men out there. I also have two eyes, two ears, and and I mind and have seen your type of whining. Look at the Michael Brown case, the narrative we were first sold was no where close to the actual reality of what really happened. Believe it or not, when you cry wolf long enough and no wolf shows up. People eventually stop believing you.
                  Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 12-04-2014, 09:56 PM.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I'm just pulling his chain.

In case he doesn't realize that....

SP --- I'm just pulling your chain!

(I actually thought about that John Birch thing where somebody was accused of having a commie flag in their garage... "but I don't even HAVE a garage!")

And we can call and ask your wife...
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      And we can call and ask your wife...

Comment