Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kim Dotcom's Internet Party going to America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Dotcom's Internet Party going to America

Sorry folks, looks like is your turn to get this Edited by a Moderator coming to the US to muck around with your politics (I'm proud to say the Nazi-loving Fraudster's attempt to take over NZ politics with the Internet Party failed miserably.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/di...t-Party-in-USA

I can't wait until the scum is extradited to the US and no longer in NZ
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

If he admires Hitler he's already a step above the average Democrat.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

It'll take quite a bit to be worse than the two dominant parties.

Comment

Looks like Chris Christie has some hefty competition! Would pay to see them sumo wrestle.

Comment

So what's the background on him? I see Glenn post about him on Facebook occasionally but I don't really know anything about him other than that he's large and eccentric.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

The Nazi memorabilia link is breathlessly speculative lol, the embezzlement link seems legit fact-wise but really nothing other than a much smaller-scale version of what Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Jeff Bezos do whenever they have a chance to get away with it.

Kim Dotcom strikes me as a mostly harmless true believer in the 90s technology revolution, and none of his fraudly/embezzly/insider trady/generally underhanded and hamhanded actions fall outside the rank of 'best practices in the industry' that he grew up and made his fortune in. Not saying you should give him your money or your votes, just that he doesn't strike me as being as actively mendacious as the ones who made it big enough to acquire lawyers, government influence, and a social media team.

Low-class nouveau riche, past his prime, didn't have any good long-term legal guidance in his business career, running on a celebrity that's rapidly running out, and probably a bad investment, yes. But evil scum, lowest of the low, Edited By a Moderator should really be words you reserve for when liberals and Michael Brown supporters come by. His Royal Highness King Kimble the First, Ruler of the Kimpire is another Aaron Swartz, and the blame for his pathetic existence and his ill-gotten fortune goes squarely on those who influenced him:

Originally posted by Mencius Moldbug
            You cannot drive out nature with a pitchfork. You can drive out great oaks with an axe. But you already did that. What did you get? Weeds - giant, pitchfork-proof weeds. Autocratic and unaccountable power in the modern democracy has been dispersed, but not in any way dissolved. Sovereignty remains conserved.

Indeed by any metric there is far more woody biomass than ever before. The US Attorney's office has also its little kings, no more accountable than Henry VII. Who took orders only from God, just like any "apolitical" "civil servant." But at least there was only one Henry VII.

Broadly speaking, decision-making authority (ie, power) in a modern democracy is divided between two kinds of people: lobbyists and activists. Lobbyists are only interested in money. Activists are only interested in power. Sometimes a great nexus of corruption thrusts forth a figure of genius, such as Al Gore, who dazzles us with a talent for both.
            Kim, the creator of Megaupload, is an activist only for libertarian pirate culture, which often inconveniences and annoys me, but does not strike me as the highest priority target in this day and age.

And then of course, we have the poor passionate true believers. I love the Obama administration because it is so easy to tell the Aaron Swartzes, the Glenn Greenwalds, the Chomskyites who actually believe in Chomsky (which may, or may not, include the master himself - who ever knows?), from the rest of the Morgul-army. I'm quite convinced that Glenn Greenwald really has no idea at all why liberal public opinion stopped giving a damn about torture in 2008.

Here's how Chomsky kills: first, he sets you to the pitchfork. In the Plato's cave of Chomsky it is not nature, of course, that you are driving out with a pitchfork. It is black, unnatural, fascist conspiracy. Which is naturally everywhere - and yet, everywhere in embryo. Giant terrifying kings and dictators are nowhere to be hacked and sawn. It was your ancestors who had this privilege. Today, in a diminished age, the enemy is no more than the seeds and sprouts of advancing black reaction, whose every great stump is crowned with dangerous suckers.

And while these seedlings are everywhere, each is small and weak. Individually, they yield quite handily to the hoe, giving the stalwart farmer a sense of progress and victory. If only a local sense. For the activist who is only really interested in power, this is quite enough. He just wants to be part of something that's fighting something else. It's a normal human drive. And of course, his team is the winning team, which he likes quite well.

You can be this farmer, and live a happy, successful and fulfilling life. But be sure to focus on the seedlings. Or the old dead stumps. Notice, however, that the vines which slew those old trees have grown so great and woody that they almost resemble trees themselves... and you are in for a different experience. At the very least, you'll need to come back with something sharper than a pitchfork.
            It's nice to see that Raphael goes right by this playbook: YOU KNOW WHO I REALLY HATE??? WASHED-UP BUSINESSMEN WITH UNCONFIRMED NAZI SYMPATHIES, THAT'S WHO! MY TEACHER SAID THEY'RE THE WORST!

Suuuuuuper edgy there, champ. Not a word against Chomsky, whose malign philosophy influenced Kim and all sorts of other smart and motivated young people whose talents were real and could have been put to better use? Not a smidgen of an association with other, much more powerful leaders of technology companies who grew up in the same milieu but morphed into something much worse than eccentric collectors? (Where are your anti Jeff Bezos threads? Your anti Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook threads?) This pudgy discredited has-been is the LOWEST OF THE LOW!!!! according to you? Worthy of our time and attention, on a forum with MY name on it? I expect teenagers to act and respond according to what their teachers and media have told them is the right thing to do, I frankly expect far better from you, assuming that you have indeed grown up.

Comment