Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I saw this today, thought it was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The media is somewhat complicit. They have no interest in covering the peaceful protesters, and by all accounts there have been plenty. It gets better ratings to show violence. I suspect most of the people actually looting have no real interest in the case but just want an opportunity to steal. (Sort of like what happened during Hurricane Katrina).
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I'm a liberal...

Is it true that y'all are allergic to Holy Water?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Is it true that y'all are allergic to Holy Water?
        If it is, I missed the memo.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Well some things that are obvious here: DE subscribes to his own idea of justice, which is not to wait for God's plan nor is it prayerful. He advocates hatred and vigilante justice, and hates people he does not know, taking scripture out of context, specifically to justify hatred.
          I do not believe this under any context can be called Christian. Nor is this bearing the fruit of the Spirit. I'm guessing Darth has yet to internalize what he professes to believe. A true Christian would not spew such things on the internet even in jest, at least not one who truly lived by the grace and mercy that Christ gives us. Darth I hope you are able to experience that one day.
          As with all religions, philosophies and ideologies, I think it depends a lot on character. If you go into Christianity and you tend to be a negative, argumentative jerk you'll tend to be a negative, argumentative Christian. You'll find all the verses that seem to make virtues of your underlying character. We all do it.

I think the Christian fruit argument is an interesting one. I would have to say that Gal 5:22 is one of my most significant stumbling blocks on the road to Christianity. It's a conversation for another place.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            MEANWHILE, I'm seeing numerous reports (and tweets) of Ferguson locals standing up to looters the first night of violence while, inexplicably, the National Guard and local police "stood down". I would STILL love to know why the National Guard was deployed NEAR Ferguson, but wasn't utilized.
            All sorts of soldiers were deployed NEAR Benghazi, my guess is Obama and Holder are just doin' what they do.
            Last edited by Epoetker; 11-29-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
              As with all religions, philosophies and ideologies, I think it depends a lot on character. If you go into Christianity and you tend to be a negative, argumentative jerk you'll tend to be a negative, argumentative Christian. You'll find all the verses that seem to make virtues of your underlying character. We all do it.

I think the Christian fruit argument is an interesting one. I would have to say that Gal 5:22 is one of my most significant stumbling blocks on the road to Christianity. It's a conversation for another place.
              5:22 or 5:19 through 21? I'll quote the relevant excerpt here just so you can't weasel out of any important context:

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
              Most of your so-called admonitions (or was it Cow Poke's?) are of the WHY YOU GOTTA BE CAPTAIN BUZZ KILLINGTON, MAAAN variety. The simple answer is that if you leave out dealing with 19-21, you'll never make it to 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                All sorts of soldiers were deployed NEAR Benghazi, my guess is Obama and Holder are just doin' what they do.
                Sadly I do not discount this out of hand.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment