Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I saw this today, thought it was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a liberal, I do not support late term (or any term) abortion, and I have not turned Martin or Brown into a martyr. Want to try constructing another strawman?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I'm a liberal, I do not support late term (or any term) abortion, and I have not turned Martin or Brown into a martyr. Want to try constructing another strawman?
      I like how you manage to turn "Even the ones who don't" into "Every single one of them does" then complain about straw men without skipping a beat.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Even the ones who don't lend their voice to a system that does. It's obvious not enough of an impediment to cooperating with them and providing them cover. In some ways these people are worse because at least the partial abortion nuts genuinely believe it's the right thing to do. The pragmatists and center-left, not so much.
        It wasn't about cooperation, Darthie... it was about HATE. I think you shot your mouth off, and now you're trying to reel it back in.

Sure it is. If I walk in on a bar mitzvah in a SS uniform,
        Somehow, it would not surprise me if you did that just for the shock value, but continue....

nobody's gonna believe me when I say I'm just wearing it because I'm a fan of Nazi haute couture.
        Well, that's just a birdbrain stupid example, so, yeah!

I was baptized in fire son,

you're KILLIN, me, son, I sa... I say, you're KILLIN me!

though merely being baptized in boring old water doesn't quite explain you. Maybe your pastor left you in a little too long while paying the pizza boy or something? That would explain... quite a bit.
        So, did you ever answer the question about experiencing real JOY, Darthie? I mean... even ONCE, have you ever experienced honest to goodness true JOY?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I like how you manage to turn "Even the ones who don't" into "Every single one of them does" then complain about straw men without skipping a beat.
          ...what?
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

...what?
            How can you claim that I think that every liberal believes X if I explicitly say that some don't believe X?
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

How can you claim that I think that every liberal believes X if I explicitly say that some don't believe X?
              Right, but then you lumped all such exceptions in with those providing cover for the abortionists, even if it was not clear how all these people were doing so, esp. if not politically active.

Comment

I was baptized in fire son
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Right, but then you lumped all such exceptions in with those providing cover for the abortionists, even if it was not clear how all these people were doing so, esp. if not politically active.
                  I don't think DE really believes most of what he says... he's just out for shock value. But he DID make me laugh with that "son" thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                    Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
                    And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
                    I hate them with complete hatred;
                    I count them my enemies.
                    Jesus seems to have set a higher standard for love for one's enemies. Progressive revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      It wasn't about cooperation, Darthie... it was about HATE. I think you shot your mouth off, and now you're trying to reel it back in.
                      I think you're projecting here. You routinely shoot your mouth off then try to back away with lame jokes so you think I'm doing the same but as far as I can tell you're just confused. You said not all liberals are ok with turning thugs into martyrs or partial birth abortion, presumably to argue that it's not ok to hate them all. I then pointed out that the ones who don't are still part of the movement and lend it support and legitimacy even if they don't explicitly support these things. Nevermind that hating a group of people is not the same as hating every individual that belongs to that group.

Well, that's just a birdbrain stupid example, so, yeah!
                      It's not. Claiming "I'm a liberal" but insisting you're not like those BAD liberals who drill holes in baby skulls is the same as wearing an SS uniform while insisting you're not like those bad Nazis who hold inappropriate baking competitions. Worse, really, since the hypothetical Nazi fashion fan doesn't even claim to be a Nazi.

So, did you ever answer the question about experiencing real JOY, Darthie? I mean... even ONCE, have you ever experienced honest to goodness true JOY?
                      I don't see why I should be distracted by the ink you expelled in your hasty retreat.

Comment

Jesus seems to have set a higher standard for love for one's enemies. Progressive revelation.
                        You can love and hate at the same time. In fact they frequently go together. There's a reason why traitors are universally loathed, for example.

Comment

I think "how" is quite clear: they normalize that behavior. Sure, they frown about it but they don't frown enough to not willingly associate themselves with an ideology that supports those things, giving the impression that those things are just minor flaws.

Comment

Right after David says that, he continues....

Search me, God, and know my heart;
                            test me and know my anxious thoughts.
                            See if there is any offensive way in me,
                            and lead me in the way everlasting.

In NO WAY was David's crying out to God an instruction from God for us to hate.

I'm seriously amazed at how Christians will rip verses out of context to justify their hate. It's sad.

Comment

I think you're projecting here.
                              I think you're projecting my projection!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Right after David says that, he continues....

Search me, God, and know my heart;
                                test me and know my anxious thoughts.
                                See if there is any offensive way in me,
                                and lead me in the way everlasting.

In NO WAY was David's crying out to God an instruction from God for us to hate.

I'm seriously amazed at how Christians will rip verses out of context to justify their hate. It's sad.
                                Except that context doesn't invalidate the first 4 verses (except maybe in your head). You're just reading your own feelings into it.

The concept of loving one's enemies predates Jesus within judaism anyway, so the "progressive revelation" claim is bunk.

Comment