Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I saw this today, thought it was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yes, there will always be those who will use Scripture to justify hate. I specifically had asked
    Originally posted by CP
    Is being a Christian consistent with hating a group of people because they believe differently than you do?
    An asinine question gets an asinine reply.

I have no problems with hating mass murderers, but that isn't hating someone just because they "believe differently", as though hatred is directed against anyone who takes any different belief.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
      An asinine question gets an asinine reply.[/quote

I have no problems with hating mass murderers, but that isn't hating someone just because they "believe differently", as though hatred is directed against anyone who takes any different belief.
      Well, I defer to you as the expert in asininity.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are ALL liberals "Saducees"? Are ALL liberals "enemies"?

Sadly, I'm guessing you'll say yes.
        I worked for someone I knew for years and he was always railing about how liberals were evil and trying to deliberately destroy the country. One day I asked him if he thought that was true with all liberals. He replied to the affirmative. Then I reminded him how he often complained how liberal his wife and daughter were and asked if he thought they were evil and trying to deliberately destroy the country.

You could see the realization strike home as he slowly said well I guess they're not all evil.

PS: I amen'd an earlier post of yours. Obviously it was an accident
        Last edited by rogue06; 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, I defer to you as the expert in asininity.
          That's kind of you, but I can only claim to be experienced in the inanity which you spout.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            That's kind of you, but I can only claim to be experienced in the inanity which you spout.
            Isn't Jesus marvelous, Pap? He loves even you!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I specifically had asked
              Well, your question was of the "have you stopped molesting your kids" variety so...
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                Well, your question was of the "have you stopped molesting your kids" variety so...
                Actually, it was about hating liberals simply because they're liberal, but I'll leave it to you to see child molestation in there.

Comment

Actually, it was about hating liberals simply because they're liberal, but I'll leave it to you to see child molestation in there.
                  No, it was about hating liberals becasue they "believe differently", as if "believe differently" is the problem with them.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

No, it was about hating liberals becasue they "believe differently", as if "believe differently" is the problem with them.
                    Have you ever experienced Joy, DE? I mean... real honest to goodness Christian Joy?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      PS: I amen'd an earlier post of yours. Obviously it was an accident
                      Yeah, we really need an UN-Amen button!

Comment

OK, DE.... let's play it your way. Here's the quote:
                        Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                        And to paraphrase Trey Parker and Matt Stone, this is why I do most certainly hate black criminals, but I really hate liberals.
                        Is it consistent with Christianity to hate them simply because they're liberals? (whatever that entails)

Comment

OK, DE.... let's play it your way. Here's the quote:

Is it consistent with Christianity to hate them simply because they're liberals? (whatever that entails)
                          You're saying "simply because they're liberals" as if things sucking brains out of children's skull with a vacuum or turning violent thugs like Trayvon and Michael Brown into martyrs is a trivial difference, like a disagreement on whether milk chocolate is better than dark.

As for whether that's consistent with Christianity, it's not entirely clear that hatred is always inappropriate.

Comment

You're saying "simply because they're liberals" as if things sucking brains out of children's skull with a vacuum or turning violent thugs like Trayvon and Michael Brown into martyrs is a trivial difference, like a disagreement on whether milk chocolate is better than dark.
                            You're claiming that ALL liberals applaud late term abortion, DE?

As for whether that's consistent with Christianity, it's not entirely clear that hatred is always inappropriate.
                            But that doesn't mean it's appropriate to hate liberals, just because SOME liberals are horrible people.

Is it possible, DE, that you were baptized in pickle juice instead of water?

Comment

...like a disagreement on whether milk chocolate is better than dark.
                              dark.jpg

Comment

You're claiming that ALL liberals applaud late term abortion, DE?
                                Even the ones who don't lend their voice to a system that does. It's obvious not enough of an impediment to cooperating with them and providing them cover. In some ways these people are worse because at least the partial abortion nuts genuinely believe it's the right thing to do. The pragmatists and center-left, not so much.

But that doesn't mean it's appropriate to hate liberals, just because SOME liberals are horrible people.
                                Sure it is. If I walk in on a bar mitzvah in a SS uniform, nobody's gonna believe me when I say I'm just wearing it because I'm a fan of Nazi haute couture.

Is it possible, DE, that you were baptized in pickle juice instead of water?
                                I was baptized in fire son, though merely being baptized in boring old water doesn't quite explain you. Maybe your pastor left you in a little too long while paying the pizza boy or something? That would explain... quite a bit.

Comment