Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I saw this today, thought it was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the interested:

The Officer Down Memorial Page

You can read the details of every LOD death in the U.S. and they keep statistics. I make all my trainee's check it daily, and give summaries to the squad for each death. It's a way to battle complacency.
    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
      For the interested:

The Officer Down Memorial Page

You can read the details of every LOD death in the U.S. and they keep statistics. I make all my trainee's check it daily, and give summaries to the squad for each death. It's a way to battle complacency.
      Interesting! Thanks.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        It's sad when Whag can't even get the point with illustrations provided...
        I got the picture. I was responding to you, dinkus.

Comment

While rioting never solved anything, not showing up to riot may end up being a failed conservative policy. It's a show of force and intimidation, but works only if you have the follow-through to change public opinion and get your demands written into law following the riot.

Even as an effective leftist demonstration of power, though, we've probably reached Peak Riot at the moment. Public officials know where they're likely to happen, when to release sensitive information, and which individuals and neighborhoods to protect when it happens. Much like voting is for the middle class, rioting is a stage-managed expression of pseudo-democracy, remote from most actual decision-making. As soon as Benjamin Crump and Eric Holder got involved, the entire riot schedule and timetable was organized and dictated from DC.

Given the example of the French Revolution, I see absolutely no reason to be anti-government at the moment. The Jacobins at least had liberty, equality, and fraternity, and ruling France as their excuse, but the ruling party has no particular wish to let their rioting agents take power, and the only true focus of the Ferguson hoopla seems to be pushing as many black people out of the cities and into the suburbs as possible.

Originally posted by Steve Sailer
          These days, big cities don’t want to accommodate the black poor anymore; they want them to leave. The powers that be prefer for poor blacks to leave town with Section 8 rent subsidy vouchers that go further in declining suburbs like Ferguson. For example, Hanna Rosin’s 2008 Atlantic cover story American Murder Mystery documented how homicide rates were declining in central Memphis and rising in inner suburbs due to demolition of old housing projects and subsidized relocation of their tenants out of the city.

Poor blacks are the biggest Hot Potato in modern America. Liberal white urbanites realize today that their ancestors made a terrible mistake in the Postwar era by ceding much of the most valuable urban land in America to poor blacks. So they are offloading poor blacks on the less powerful, such as residents of second rate suburbs and of undistinguished small towns. But for this process, in which trillions of dollars of real estate values are at stake, to proceed smoothly without complaints from the less well connected about what is coming their way, it’s important to Control Discourse, to periodically demonize various minor league white people for engaging in pattern recognition.

If you think intelligently, while everybody else had had crimestop pounded into their heads so all thought shuts down when the topic of race comes up, you can make a lot of money in real estate.
          And to paraphrase Trey Parker and Matt Stone, this is why I do most certainly hate black criminals, but I really hate liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
            And to paraphrase Trey Parker and Matt Stone, this is why I do most certainly hate black criminals, but I really hate liberals.
            Is being a Christian consistent with hating a group of people because they believe differently than you do?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Is being a Christian consistent with hating a group of people because they believe differently than you do?
              "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."
              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                "Love must be sincere.
                I feel the sincerity with every post you write, DE!

Comment

I feel the sincerity with every post you write, DE!
                  While I'm thinking about it, did Jesus manage to save or even make an effort to save a single Sadducee?

Comment

Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
                    And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
                    I hate them with complete hatred;
                    I count them my enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
                      While I'm thinking about it, did Jesus manage to save or even make an effort to save a single Sadducee?
                      He died for all.

But the Sadducees didn't believe in the Resurrection, and that's why they were so SAD, you SEE?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        What?

I don't think anyone here is in favour of rioting.

The point of the picture is that the families of those police officers killed while on the job are NOT out there rioting.

I didn't think I would have to explain it.
                        A-Men.

Oh wait. We have a function for that now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                          Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord?
                          And do I not loathe those who rise up against you?
                          I hate them with complete hatred;
                          I count them my enemies.
                          Yes, there will always be those who will use Scripture to justify hate. I specifically had asked
                          Originally posted by CP
                          In response to the statement
                          Originally posted by Epo
                          ...but I really hate liberals.
                          Are ALL liberals "Saducees"? Are ALL liberals "enemies"?

Sadly, I'm guessing you'll say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                            It's sad when not surprising that Whag can't even get the point with illustrations provided...
                            FIFY n/c

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              Because they believe that their loss happens to be mere isolated tragedy, whereas the people rioting believe that their loss is symptomatic of a larger and deeper issue that pervades society
                              What? The problem of folks who commit violent acts of robbery and physically attacking police getting shot? Poor lambs.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                                The protesters are worried and fearful that the system which was set in place precisely to protect them will not only fail them, but even actively harm them.
                                And the obvious answer to anyone who thinks straight is to trash the store owned by one of your neighbors and steal a big screen TV or something like that.

Comment