Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I saw this today, thought it was interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this today, thought it was interesting

cops rioting.jpg
    Last edited by mossrose; 11-27-2014, 01:28 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

^
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Is that crickets I hear?
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        Is that crickets I hear?
        No, it's your self righteous imagination thinking there are people here in favor of rioting.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
          No, it's your self righteous imagination thinking there are people here in favor of rioting.
          What?

I don't think anyone here is in favour of rioting.

The point of the picture is that the families of those police officers killed while on the job are NOT out there rioting.

I didn't think I would have to explain it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            What?

The point of the picture is that the families of those police officers killed while on the job are NOT out there rioting.

I didn't think I would have to explain it.
            It's sad when Whag can't even get the point with illustrations provided...
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

What?

Because they believe that their loss happens to be mere isolated tragedy, whereas the people rioting believe that their loss is symptomatic of a larger and deeper issue that pervades society; they believe that the system itself is stacked against them and are demanding the authorities who control the system to listen to them. Not that I support riots, to be clear, just explaining the reason for the difference.
              Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                Because they believe that their loss happens to be mere isolated tragedy,
                How do you know that? What right do you have to speak on their behalf?

whereas the people rioting believe that their loss is symptomatic of a larger and deeper issue that pervades society; they believe that the system itself is stacked against them and are demanding the authorities who control the system to listen to them.
                Yeah, because they have jackass idiots like Al Sharpton fanning the flames and providing incredibly bad leadership.

Not that I support riots, to be clear, just explaining the reason for the difference.
                Mere isolated tragedy, indeed!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  It's easy to know that, his post pretty much sums up the view of the overwhelming majority of his supporters that I've seen too. It's not like they're keeping that opinion hidden and hard to divine.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The protesters are worried and fearful that the system which was set in place precisely to protect them will not only fail them, but even actively harm them. The police ought to be a source of protection and trust, and it can be a terrifying thing to believe that there is NO ONE with power left to trust. This clearly cannot be the mindset of families of police officers--how can they be worried that the system will harm them when the police ARE the system? Their loss is a tragedy, yes, but it was due to a dangerous criminal--it's not the case, real or perceived, that a protective system that they should've been able to trust ended up betraying them. That's why I say their case is one of isolated tragedy, while the protesters are complaining of a deeper failure of a system altogether.

Yeah, because they have jackass idiots like Al Sharpton fanning the flames and providing incredibly bad leadership.
                    Al Sharpton is hardly the spokesperson for black people (neither is Jesse Jackson). I don't think anyone has the authority to dismiss the black community's cries for help and of injustice unless one has actually been in their shoes and seen things through their eyes. And before you protest with something like "So what gives YOU the authority to speak on behalf of families of officers?," I'll repeat that the difference logically follows and is due to the very nature of the tragedies.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

The protesters are worried and fearful that the system which was set in place precisely to protect them will not only fail them, but even actively harm them.
                      Let's see how incredibly moronic your whole post is, as you pretend to understand the plight of black people, and they validate your "understanding" by laughing as they smash windows and STEAL STUFF from people in their own community and burn buildings.

Yeah, I think you've got these people figured out EXACTLY!
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't think anyone has the authority to dismiss the black community's cries for help and of injustice unless one has actually been in their shoes and seen things through their eyes.
                        IE: you're not allowed to dismiss their cries of injustice (seeing how it's impossible for a white man to be black), even though they are the product of misinformation and paranoia.

Comment

Let's see how incredibly moronic your whole post is, as you pretend to understand the plight of black people, and they validate your "understanding" by laughing as they smash windows and STEAL STUFF from people in their own community and burn buildings.

Yeah, I think you've got these people figured out EXACTLY!
                          I believe it's rather moronic to conflate the vast majority of people, who weren't looting, with the few (who probably were greedy opportunists and not actually involved in the protest itself) who were.

Comment

I believe it's rather moronic to conflate the vast majority of people, who weren't looting, with the few (who probably were greedy opportunists and not actually involved in the protest itself) who were.
                            You mean the ones who were inspired by Brown's mother and step-father acting like they were demon possessed and inciting them to riot?

Comment

NOR did the White House send top level representatives to attend their funerals.

Comment