Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NYT/Slate call upon stupid violent trash to hunt down and kill Darren Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYT/Slate call upon stupid violent trash to hunt down and kill Darren Wilson

Not explicitly, of course, but there's no other explanation.

http://www.ibtimes.com/new-york-time...immers-1728676

Wilson received death threats after he was identified as the officer who shot Brown, and as community members and activists plan to protest if he is not indicted, the location of his home could potentially endanger him, his new wife, and his property if the protests result in violence, some of his defenders say. Wilson’s home address is a matter of public record, and it has been published in numerous media reports beginning in August.

But printing his street name in the nation’s most influential newspaper on the day the grand jury is expected to hand up a decision on the indictment could reignite interest in -- and awareness of -- the location, and some critics worry that it could result in protesters descending on his home. Slate even went a step further than the Times, publishing an article featuring a photo of the modest, red-brick house on Monday.

A number of Twitter users -- some of whom have identified themselves as planning to protest the grand jury decision -- have tweeted the location of Wilson’s home as they gear up for rallies. The house number was not printed in the Times, but the street in the St. Louis suburb of Crestwood where it sits is only about two blocks long, and the house number can be easily located via online sources using only the street name and Wilson’s name.
    Moderates, as resident cretin taoist might say.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

They're monsters... as long as the man they think is guilty dies, anything goes.
    The Times are tied to that side of the spectrum anyway.

Comment

Actively pushing for an end to the rule of law is a pretty poor tactical move for unpopular minorities.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
        They're monsters... as long as the man they think is guilty dies, anything goes.
        The Times are tied to that side of the spectrum anyway.
        Yes they're "monsters". But to quote Victor Hugo: “Where there is darkness crimes will be committed. The guilty one is not merely he who commits the crime but he who caused the darkness.” This is the price the US is paying for creating a deprived underclass in a grossly unequal society.

“Growing concerns about wealth inequality and the expanding racial wealth gap have in recent years become central to the debate over whether our nation is on a sustainable economic path…” “…Extreme wealth inequality not only hurts family well-being, it hampers economic growth in our communities and in the nation as a whole. In the U.S. today, the richest 1 percent of households owns 37 percent of all wealth. This toxic inequality has historical underpinnings but is perpetuated by policies and tax preferences that continue to favor the affluent…”

http://iasp.brandeis.edu/pdfs/Author...thgapbrief.pdf

And:

http://www.salon.com/2014/11/12/why_...world_partner/
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          Yes they're "monsters". But to quote Victor Hugo: “Where there is darkness crimes will be committed. The guilty one is not merely he who commits the crime but he who caused the darkness.” This is the price the US is paying for creating a entitled and empowered underclass in a grossly meritocratic society.
          You're getting better at this, Tassy, I only had to change two words to make the sentence a true statement! Keep up the good work and you may actually gain understanding, which is MUCH more valuable than a credential in 99% of all situations!

“Growing concerns about wealth inequality and the expanding racial wealth gap have in recent years become central to the debate over whether our nation is on a sustainable economic path…”
          Indeed, if a race has been shown to be simply unable to handle wealth with even a minimum of responsibility, can they really be called "fellow citizens" without a shake of the head and a roll of the eyes? How far removed would you consider their views and lifestyles from the current of your country's history, since even when they get Ben Franklin money, they have none of the civic love that makes Ben Franklin institutions?

“…Extreme wealth inequality not only hurts family well-being, it hampers economic growth in white communities and in the nation as a whole. In the U.S. today, the richest 1 percent of households owns 37 percent of all wealth. This toxic inequality has historical underpinnings but is perpetuated by policies and tax preferences that continue to favor the affluent…”
          I was going to change the emboldened section to "lower-income white," but then realized that physical communities in general are considered reflective of lower-income status in this day and age. Since the previous paragraph was essentially a signed confession that how a race's members handle wealth is a judgment on that race as a whole, there's only one particular edit that needs to be made to this vague but generally correct statement. I, of course, am on hand to offer personal details on the character and composition of these 'affluent' individuals, though as before, an excessive focus on 'wealth' outside of 'influence' is inadvisable (you may put it under the 'privilege' rubric if you so wish, and I would also resist the temptation to categorize it under 'wealth' with the 'everything has its price' handwave that hides more details than it illuminates.)

Gold star, keep trying to learn more, hopefully with relevant details and narratives next time around.
          Last edited by Epoetker; 11-26-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

This is the price the US is paying for creating a deprived underclass in a grossly unequal society.
            So what you're saying is that America's chickens are coming home to roost? I seem to remember a racist pastor saying the same thing.

By the way, is it conservative or liberal policies that are perpetuating the existence of "a deprived underclass in a grossly unequal society"? I'll give you hint: current unemployment among blacks is at a 20-year high, and the so-called "wealth inequality" gap has only gotten worse under Obama.

As I love pointing out, Obama has done everything the opposite of Reagan, and the Obama economy is the opposite of Reagan's.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              So what you're saying is that America's chickens are coming home to roost? I seem to remember a racist pastor saying the same thing.

By the way, is it conservative or liberal policies that are perpetuating the existence of "a deprived underclass in a grossly unequal society"? I'll give you hint: current unemployment among blacks is at a 20-year high, and the so-called "wealth inequality" gap has only gotten worse under Obama.

As I love pointing out, Obama has done everything the opposite of Reagan, and the Obama economy is the opposite of Reagan's.
              The “wealth inequality” encompasses the lack of social safety nets for the poor and needy, which are probably worse in the US than in any equivalent country. And so is the availability of quality education in public schools worse. But just as important is the lingering Jim Crow mentality as applied to law and order at all levels. So yes, “America's chickens are coming home to roost”.
              “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Under Jim Crow blacks were treated worse than whites, not better, so that seems... unlikely.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                  Under Jim Crow blacks were treated worse than whites, not better, so that seems... unlikely.
                  As is the still the case still when it comes to the lingering Jim Crow mentality regarding law and order at all levels. If you think otherwise then you are part of the problem.

Comment

Nope, it's the opposite. See, for example, my other thread:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...ts-study-finds

Comment

As is the still the case still when it comes to the lingering Jim Crow mentality regarding law and order at all levels. If you think otherwise then you are part of the problem.

More dumb comments Tazzy Wazzy, let me see, in the past 10 years the US has had:

1 president
                      7 presidential cabinet secretaries
                      6 US senators
                      63 US Representatives

Now Jim Crow laws were finally done in in 1965. So let us make a comparsion between the two and see what one adds up to more:

0 presidents
                      0 presidential cabinet secretaries
                      2 US senators
                      27 US Representatives

So from over a century, the US had less total number of blacks in political power, than we have had in 10 years. Now from post 1965 to 2004

0 presidents
                      13 presidential cabinet secretaries
                      2 US senators
                      82 US Representatives

So it appears over the past decade, blacks have made more progress into politics than the did in the previous 100 years before that (there is some overlap in the US representatives and senators part too). Yep, blacks sure are being oppressed by the 'lingering Jim Crow mentality'. Got another stupid argument you want to make Tazzy? Don't worry, I know you'll ignore me because I keep proving you wrong. Your silence speaks volumes about your inability to refute a word I say.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Disqualify, disqualify, disqualify....

Comment

It looks like someone went and published the home addresses of the publishers:

Originally posted by Jim
                          The New York Times published the full name of Officer Wilson’s pregnant wife, and the name of the lane and suburb on which their house is located. They did not give their house number, but there are only twenty eight houses in that lane. Of course, officer Wilson and his pregnant wife have fled their house – but the problem remains, her full maiden name and employment has been published.

Darren Wilson of course has been threatened with death by the New Black Panthers, which of course will not get the black panthers into trouble with the Justice Department.

In an impressive display of brass balls, Gotnews has published the full names and addresses of the journalists trying to get Officer Wilson’s pregnant wife murdered, and a photograph of one of them.
                          My attitude toward doxxing is the same as the libertarian attitude toward violence-always unjustified unless you do it first, then all bets are off.

And a bonus section for Cow Poke, who tried to laugh off this question when I asked it:

These journalists seem to live a comfortable distance from the violence that they incite.

The two journalists who doxed Wilson’s wife are:
                          Julie Bosman
                          5620 N Wayne Ave Apt 2
                          Chicago, IL 60660-4204
                          Cook County

Campbell Robertson
                          1113 N Dupre St
                          New Orleans, LA 70119-3203
                          Orleans County.

Those are not particularly classy locations. Darren Wilson has a nicer house. (Or he used to, but it is no good to him now.) But they are safe locations. Not everyone gets to live in a safe suburb. Some people get to play the polar bear game as the polar bear. And that is what is making housing in the US so horribly expensive. If you want to have kids, need to buy a home somewhere safe. And every time the New York Times incites its pet blacks to violence, fewer places are safe. If you want kids, need a backyard. There just is not much land that is safe, so, a limited supply of backyards. So, fewer white kids. It is a slow motion genocide, to become a considerably faster motion genocide when whites become a minority.
                          So, again, Cow Poke, will your right to bear arms secure you a safe house against the forces mentioned above, especially if its address and location are published in the New York Times?

Comment

OathKeepers provide free security for businesses in danger, police department shuts them down:

Following a night of arson fires and bashed storefronts that hit close to home, Greg Hildebrand stood naked Tuesday, drying off from a needed shower, when he noticed somebody on the rooftop.

“I opened the window and said, ‘Hey, can I help you?’” said Hildebrand, 35, a website developer.

The man said he was security and would be up there at night with others to protect the pocket of second-story apartments and lower-level storefronts near the Ferguson Police Department. A day earlier, rioters had broken out windows below Hildebrand’s apartment in the 100 block of South Florissant Road and torched a nearby beauty supply store.

“I am in the middle of a difficult spot,” Hildebrand said. “I feel a lot better having those guys up on the roof.”

But he wasn’t clear exactly who “those guys” were or where they came from.

Puzzled and alarmed protesters have wondered, too — some accusing the mysterious guards in military fatigues of being in the Ku Klux Klan.

In fact, they are volunteers affiliated with a 35,000-member national organization called Oath Keepers. Yale Law School graduate and libertarian Stewart Rhodes said by telephone from Montana that he founded the group in 2009 to protect constitutional rights, including those of protesters confronted by what he described as overly militarized police.

Police questioned group members early in the week and allowed them to stay. But Saturday, after media inquiries, St. Louis County police officers ordered the Oath Keepers to leave the rooftops.

Threatened with arrest for operating without a license, the volunteers argued but eventually left their positions early Saturday, Rhodes said.
                            This is on the very short list of things that can indeed stop me from defending the police.

Comment

While the NYT was wrong in publishing Wilson's address, so were those that published the reporter's addresses. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Comment