Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NYT/Slate call upon stupid violent trash to hunt down and kill Darren Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    OathKeepers provide free security for businesses in danger, police department shuts them down:

This is on the very short list of things that can indeed stop me from defending the police.
    Sounds like good policy to me. We really don't need vigilantes on either side.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      The “wealth inequality” encompasses the lack of social safety nets for the poor and needy, which are probably worse in the US than in any equivalent country. And so is the availability of quality education in public schools worse. But just as important is the lingering Jim Crow mentality as applied to law and order at all levels. So yes, “America's chickens are coming home to roost”.
      "...probably worse in the US than in any equivalent country."

So you're just guessing, right?

But I ask again, is it conservative or liberal ideals and policies that perpetuate this supposed "inequality"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Sounds like good policy to me. We really don't need vigilantes on either side.
        We may not at the moment, but what about them whose property values are likely to enter into Detroit territory if the mob is allowed to burn and loot at will? Government is meant to maintain a monopoly on the legitimate use of force, and so far the Oathkeepers seem pretty legit to me.

While the NYT was wrong in publishing Wilson's address, so were those that published the reporter's addresses. Two wrongs don't make a right.
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world...a lot more interested in fighting cleanly, lest they cause an injury that must be repeated on them. It's obviously not enough in this case, because the NYT reporters are in no danger of anything other than being derided on the Internet, while Darren Wilson is actually a fugitive from the ungratefully murderous mob.

Comment

We may not at the moment, but what about them whose property values are likely to enter into Detroit territory if the mob is allowed to burn and loot at will? Government is meant to maintain a monopoly on the legitimate use of force, and so far the Oathkeepers seem pretty legit to me.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world...a lot more interested in fighting cleanly, lest they cause an injury that must be repeated on them. It's obviously not enough in this case, because the NYT reporters are in no danger of anything other than being derided on the Internet, while Darren Wilson is actually a fugitive from the ungratefully murderous mob.
          eye for an eye was the Old Testament. It was to show us that none of us keep the law. We are to forgive, not seek retribution.

Publishing the reporters' addresses is not justice, it is revenge, pure and simple. Also, you don't know if the reporters or the reporters families are in danger or not.

Comment

Also, you don't even know if the addresses or the numbers are accurate when you hit "share'. Remember when Spike Lee posted what was supposedly George Zimmerman's address, but it turned out to be some random elderly couple's?

I heard about one kid who got a brick thrown through his bedroom window, because the person who lived there before was a sex offender and never updated his address on the registry.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Looks like our stupid violent trash have declared hammertime:

St. Louis Bosnians outraged about a deadly hammer attack in the city’s Bevo Mill neighborhood spilled into the streets Sunday night to voice frustrations over violence touching their community.

“We’re just angry because we’re trying to protect our community,” said Mirza Nukic, 29, of St. Louis. “We’re just trying to be peaceful.”

Nukic was among at least 50 people, mostly, if not all Bosnians, who briefly blocked Gravois Avenue at Itaska Street on Sunday night to protest the killing. The intersection was near where Zemir Begic, a Bosnian man who moved to St. Louis this year, was attacked by at least three teens with hammers early Sunday.

Police said Begic was in his vehicle about 1:15 a.m. in the 4200 block of Itaska when several juveniles approached and began damaging his car. Police said Begic got out to confront the juveniles, who began yelling at him and hitting him with hammers.
              No indication on whether the "juveniles" had ever used those hammers for their intended purpose.

Begic, 32, who lived in the 4200 block of Miami Street, suffered injuries to his head, abdomen, face and mouth. He died at St. Louis University Hospital.

Some of the demonstrators recalled other recent Bosnian victims of violence, including Haris Gogic, 19, who was fatally shot in May 2013 by a robber in his family’s Bevo Mill convenience store.

St. Louis police Chief Sam Dotson spoke with residents at the street protest Sunday night. He said he was sorry about what happened and sought to reassure people the killing did not appear motivated by race or ethnicity.
              2696059_1417367715.1242.jpg

“There is no indication that the gentleman last night was targeted because he was Bosnian,” Dotson said. “There’s no indication that they knew each other.”
              Of course not. He was targeted because he was white. Which one didn't really matter to the mob.

Dotson said Sunday evening that police have two male juveniles, ages 15 and 16, in custody. A third male, 17, was taken into custody late Sunday night.

Dotson also promised to increase day and night foot patrols in the area.

“The whole idea of standing out in the street is to get our attention,” Dotson told residents. “You got my attention. You absolutely did.”
              A police force that only protects the people who stand out in the streets post-crime is a useless police force, or perhaps an understaffed one. If they can't maintain a monopoly on the legitimate use of force with the officers they have, perhaps calling in the Oathkeepers makes good sense, no?

Suad Nuranjkovic, 49, who attended Sunday night’s protest, said he and Begic were heading home from a bar on Gravois Avenue. Begic was driving and Nuranjkovic was in the passenger seat when a group of at least five teens started banging on the car. Nuranjkovic said he got out of the car and hid in a parking lot across the street during the attack.

“I was afraid that if one of them had a gun, they were going to shoot me, so I didn’t know what to do,” he said.

Nuranjkovic said the attack has made him fearful to live in his own neighborhood.

“The picture is in my head, what I saw,” he said. “I don’t know why this is happening to Bosnians. We could go around and shoot people, too, but we just want peace.”
              What did the Koreans do during the LA riots that ensured peace in their communities?

Ain't saying you should bring the entire war home, but some of the lessons of warfare will never really leave you.

Seldin Dzananovic, 24, said the teens with the hammers approached him farther north on Gravois about an hour before the attack on Begic. He said he was able to fight them off, suffering only cuts to his hands and neck.

“I’m just lucky,” he said. “God is on my side.”

Begic and his family came to the United States from Bosnia in 1996, moving first to Utica, N.Y., before settling in Waterloo, Iowa, said his sister, Denisa Begic. She said he moved to Phoenix, where he worked as a moving truck driver before returning briefly to Iowa. He moved to St. Louis several months ago and married a woman, Arijana, whose family lives in St. Louis.

Singing was one of his passions, and he often performed in public.

“He loved America,” said Denisa Begic, 23, of Sioux Falls, S.D. “We come from Bosnia because we were getting killed and our homes and families were getting destroyed. Never in my life did I think he would get murdered.”

She said she knows some Bosnians are upset over her brother’s death because they believe the suspects, who are black and Hispanic, targeted Begic because he was Bosnian.
              Yep, "Darren Wilson" is as Bosnian a name as any.

She said she wants people to know her brother would not have judged them because of their race; he had friends of many racial and ethnic backgrounds.
              Sadly, you only need one side to start a war.

“He loved everybody,” she said. “I don’t know what to think of it. It’s so wrong what they did. They didn’t just hurt Zemir’s family. They also hurt their own family because I’m pretty sure their moms will never see them again.”
              Sure they will. Prison visitation is a big industry in the black part of town.

Denisa Begic said her brother’s funeral would be in Iowa, and that a fundraising site has been set up to help with funeral expenses.

“I hope justice is served for my brother because he didn’t deserve this at all,” she said.
              Obviously not. But the fact that you have to flee the state to have a safe funeral does speak volumes of the Stockholm syndrome experienced even by those who've lost loved ones to the active race war.

Comment

Also, you don't know if the reporters or the reporters families are in danger or not.
                I would suppose that they are (to a very limited extent, as her family's address was not published) and I further suppose that those who rent out that address (Darren Wilson and other respectable individuals can actually afford to buy their houses, of course) may have to blot it from the record and think very carefully about letting to junior New York Times reporters in the future. Just as you may not want to raise daughters and sons who casually and murderously slander respectable people for a fistful of dollars or 15 minutes of attention. So let it be written, so let it be done.

I heard about one kid who got a brick thrown through his bedroom window, because the person who lived there before was a sex offender and never updated his address on the registry.
                Which is dumber, an active roster of sex offenders that ensures they have no escape from their previous history, or a registry that depends on their own initiative to update it?

Comment

I suppose a case could be made that it's the duty of the citizens to maintain law and order if the government is not up to the task for whatever reason, but at the same time, I could see something like this escalating into an all out war in Ferguson (although the argument could probably be made that this has already happened).

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I suppose a case could be made that it's the duty of the citizens to maintain law and order if the government is not up to the task for whatever reason,
                    Duty and responsibility. Police maintain what soldiers gain.

but at the same time, I could see something like this escalating into an all out war in Ferguson (although the argument could probably be made that this has already happened).
                    Has been happening, with the major hostilities on only one side. I am, of course, in favor of letting it become war in favor of the side who actually takes care of the territory after hostilities have ceased. The Minority Occupation Government, of course, seems to be in favor of letting it be their big voter rallying issue, so that ain't happening. Let all righteous people leave the city to its fate in the meantime.

Comment

Which is dumber, an active roster of sex offenders that ensures they have no escape from their previous history, or a registry that depends on their own initiative to update it?
                      Is-ought fallacy.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Heartwarming update on the original story:

http://gotnews.com/breaking-cops-nyt...-cops-nonstop/

The New York Times journalist who published Darren Wilson’s home address wants police protection and has been calling the police nonstop, Gotnews.com has learned.

Julie Bosman “keeps calling the 020th District station complaining about people harassing and threatening her,” our source told us. She’s also “complaining about numerous food deliveries being sent to her residence.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

As the saying goes, karma is a female canine.

Comment