Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ferguson Grand Jury...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferguson Grand Jury...

... long speech right now explaining "no bill" against Officer Wilson.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Wrong guy for the press conference. Wrong attitude. The black community does not trust this guy and he is arguing his case, but no one will listen to him.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Yeah, just catching parts of this.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hmmmm... I didn't know that the actual vote count of the Grand Jury was secret -- they are not allowed to disclose if it was unanimous or not, etc.

(not that it won't be leaked!)

Comment

Ferg.jpg

Bread and circuses anyone?

Comment

wow

Comment

I don't know about that, but apparently the charge that there was a struggle over the gun inside the patrol vehicle was corroborated by physical evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht
                Did I ear right, the fatal shot was fired from 153 feet away?
                Michael Brown's body was 153' from the patrol car. Apparently there was a chase before the shooting.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Michael Brown's body was 153' from the patrol car. Apparently there was a chase before the shooting.
                  And didn't they say there was blood 20 to 25 feet BEYOND the body, meaning he at LEAST moved toward Wilson after or while being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    And didn't they say there was blood 20 to 25 feet BEYOND the body, meaning he at LEAST moved toward Wilson after or while being shot.
                    Yes I believe that's correct.
                    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Obama, to his credit, is clearly calling for calm, and quoting Brown's father asking for same.

He continues to sound like he's scolding the police about acting with restraint, but, I guess that might be for the protestors who feel they need "something".

All in all, though, I think he's making a pretty clear appeal for calm.

Comment

I didn't expect an indictment, and especially after hearing Gov. Nixon was heading over to St. Louis tonight, that seemed to confirm it. Then DE posted his source.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                          Wrong guy for the press conference. Wrong attitude. The black community does not trust this guy and he is arguing his case, but no one will listen to him.
                          A no-win situation. If he didn't do it he would be accused of hiding, not being willing to deliver the news himself etc.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As I have stated before, even if there was a "no bill", that doesn't prevent a civil suit from being filed.

From comments by Brown's attorney just a few minutes ago, it sounds like he's preparing to file civil action against Wilson. (He didn't actually say that, but he was appealing for calm now, and implying there are other avenues for justice)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              As I have stated before, even if there was a "no bill", that doesn't prevent a civil suit from being filed.
                              All but inevitable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment